cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SHORT DUMP TSV_TNEW_PAGE_ALLOC_FAILED

0 Kudos

Hi experts.

I am getting below error   no more  memory available to add rows to an internal table.

Please Find The Below Screen Shots.

can any one help to fix this issues

Regards

Dhrish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

IanSegobio
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Dhrish,

The dumps doesn't mean necessarily that the memory from the application server was depleted. It can also mean (in the majority of the cases) that the memory quota for that particular work process was depleted. This is to ensure that no single process will exaust all of the server's resources.

ANALYSIS:

In the shordump information, you have to check the following area:

Memory consumption

Roll.... 0

EM...... 2000000000     <------------------ #1

Heap.... 2000000000      <------------------ #2

Page.... 0

MM Used. 1624368

MM Free. 2562752

The amount that you see in #1 should be around the same size as set on "ztta/roll_extension" parameter. The value of #2 correspond to the value set for "abap/heap_area_dia" (in case of a DIA work process) or "abap/heap_area_nondia" (In case of) a NON dia work process.

In my test case up above, the work process allocated 2GB of extended memory (ztta/roll_extension), plus 2GB of HEAP memory (abap/heap_area_dia OR abap/heap_area_nondia) and then dumped.

SOLUTION:

You can try to increase these quotas, in case you see a match between the current value of the parameters mentioned and the amount of memory allocated as seen in the dump information. Maybe double it and test the process which has failed again.

If you find a match between the values mentioned above, maybe indeed the extended memory was depleted. And for this you can check ST02 transaction, in SAP MEMORY area. Look for the max usage of Extended memory "MaxUse[KB]". If it reached the maximum, than the parameter related is "em/initial_size_MB".

Hope I could help

Cheers,
Ian Segóbio.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>em/initial_size_MB

things are a little more complicate.

On Windows when using the default memory management model (view model) em/initial_size_MB specifies the amount of extended memory allocated during startup of the application server.

If em is used up to em/initial_size_MB the system will automatically extend the extended memory during the runtime of the system up to em/max_size_MB (default is 1.5 times em/initial_size_MB) - or if the memory resources of the operating system are exhausted - to the limit of the operating system memory resources.

>> my attempt to fix such a situation (dialog: reporting is using its quotas: ztta/roll_extenstion and abap/heap_area_dia) is first ask the user/author of the ABAP report running, whether the behavior is normal or result of a bad usage (user) or a bad design (developter: example: select * from Table xyz into internal table) before increasing the standard MM parameters.

I know that it is often handled the different way, but this is not the way the system is designed for.

regards

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhrish,

I assume that this dump was generated during a payroll run and number of employees are more. This type of dump normally occurs when there is insufficient memory for long running programs. As a temporary solution, you can try to run report RSMEMORY via SE38 and increase the memory quota.

Regards,

Ganesan

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dhrish,

This error indicates that you have run out of memory on the application server on which the program was running. It could mean the server is undersized, or not properly tuned, or it could mean that you have a poorly written program that is trying to move too much data in a single operation. It could even indicate malformed or corrupt data. There is no one size fits all answer to the short dump. I suggest you search on SAP Notes and SCN using the name of the program and the error code.

Regards,

Matt