cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to have more than one sorts in single IDT query and selecting the sorting variable from dashboard selection?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus:

Is it possible to have more than one sorts in single IDT query and selecting the sorting variable from dashboard selection as I want to reduce the load and performance issues that is why I want multiple variables sorting in single query and selecting the sort variable from dashboard selection. Similarly is it possible to have assending and decending sort on same variable and selecting it from dashboard menu?

Need your precious inputs on this.

Regards:

Jawad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jawad,

I dont think there is anything as sorting variable. Can you explain that in brief.

You can have muliple parameters and while creating query in Dashboard you can pull this variable in filter object panel and in properties select the universe parameter. I am not sure if this is what you are asking.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilasha:

What I mean to say is that I have two measures against one dimension in my IDT query say sales revenue and sales cartons and I have a restriction in my query to show only top 5 results. I know I can apply sort descending to both of these measures and get top 5 results but in this case the measue placed first after dimension will get first priority and than second will be consider.

What my question is that I place the selection of sales revenue and sales carton in combo and while runnibg dashboards I mange the sort results whether I want to see top 5 sales revenue or sales cartons.

Hope you are better able to undersatnd my requirement and able to feedback.

jennifer_jacob
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Jawad,

I'm not sure I've understood your question right but Yes you can apply sorts to several objects in IDT query panel.

What do you actually mean by sorting variable?

Regards,

Jennifer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jennifer Jacob:

What I mean to say is that I have two measures against one dimension in my IDT query say sales revenue and sales cartons and I have a restriction in my query to show only top 5 results. I know I can apply sort descending to both of these measures and get top 5 results but in this case the measue placed first after dimension will get first priority and than second will be consider.

What my question is that I place the selection of sales revenue and sales carton in combo and while runnibg dashboards I mange the sort results whether I want to see top 5 sales revenue or sales cartons.

Hope you are better able to undersatnd my requirement and able to feedback.