cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rule based work flow - Cost Center replication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Techies,

Please help us for the below scenario in MDG finance.

We have configured the rule based work flow for cost center replication.  Attached the respective change respective type to the work flow number 'WS60800086' in MDGIMG transaction. Also, SOA configuration is in place to replicate the data via enterprise services. When we are actually trying to replicate the cost center data, we are getting the messages in the log as 'No Data for Replication'.

The work flow has the step  'Change Request Replication' which does the replication of data to the target system. When we are debugging the same, found that the function module 'USMD_DISTRIBUTE_CREQUEST' is getting called. Also checked the technical container elements in the log, which shows the Change request number, CR key ( Comination of controlling area and cost number) is getting populated correctly with the values. But, the replication is not happening and it shows the message as 'No Data for Replication'.

Any inputs would be highly helpful on any missing set up for the replication.

Thanks,

Kajal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

raghu3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kajal,

Is your problem solved?

Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have an activation step before the replication step? You can't replicate if the data is not activated yet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

We have placed the 'Activation Step' before the Replication step . Even then the data is not getting replicated to ECC using Rule based work flow Automatic replication .

I tried to perform few steps manually.

1. I created a change request for cost center

2.  Activated the change request using Rule based work flow step method ACTIVATE_2 of BO BUS2250. The change request got activated.

3. Tried to replicate the data using the function module USMD_DISTRIBUTE_CREQUEST'. It doesnt show any errors. but the data is not replicated to ECC.

Please help.

Thanks,

Kajal

Former Member
0 Kudos

You don't need to call the method. There is another non-agent step type called replication. You should add a step of that type after the activation step is successful (output is 31).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

We have configured our Rule based work flow in such a way that, the Data replication step is added after the Activation step.

When we replicate the data, we could see the Activation of CR is success as well as the Data replication is also success with action code 21 ( Successfully Executed ). But the data is not replicated to ECC.

In DRFLOG also, we could see all the success messages.

Any help?

Thanks,

Kajal

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kajal

Based on your reply, it seems that config is perfect. Data is properly replicated from MDG but in ECC you don't see the cost center. I have faced similar issue and the reason I found -

1. If you are using collective processing and creating cost center then make sure your ECC and MDG hierarchy is matching - no deviation

2. If your CC is assigned under group then you have to replicate CC first then group - check sequence in replication

I feel there is a mismatch between ECC and MDG hierarchy and that is the reason you are facing this issue. Check once and let me know.

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check in your SOA monitor transaction and see why the message is not being delivered correctly: transaction SRT_MONI.

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kajal

1. Are you using manual replication or auto replication?

2. Check your edition and the data

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kiran,

1. We are actually trying to implement Auto replication using the function module     USMD_DISTRIBUTE_CREQUEST.

2. Edition and Data are proper. We could found this during debugging of the work flow step

" Change Request Replication".

Please help.

Thanks,

Kajal

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If data is not found then the problem is with edition. Check the edition and the data. You can check it in debug mode too.

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kiran,

We are not facing this error while we do manual replication. Facing the 'No data found for replication' while trying to replicate automatically using rule based workflow.

The edition and the data seem fine in debugging too.

Thanks,

Kajal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Techies,

Any replies ???

raghu3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kajal,

Try maintaining filter criteria in transaction DRFF.

Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghuram,

could you please elaborate more on the filter criteria for this requirement.

Thanks

Kajal

raghu3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to transaction DRFF. Select the corresponding replication model

If the yellow icon is shown , then filter criteria is not maintained.

Create filter criteria using create button and give some criteria like

Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Could you please let me know how does maintaining Filter Criterial would help in Replication of data.

Please clarify. I am new to this.

Thanks,

Kajal

raghu3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kajal,

The filters you define are used by the relevant outbound implementation classes. It could be that the outbound implementation class is not selecting any data due to missing filter criteria.

In addition to this ,  could you please check and let us know the following points

1) What is the setting maintained for field Replication timing in Edition.  Direct replication from CR works for the setting 'On Final Approval of Change Request'

2) What are the messages visible in replication log(can be accessed by transaction DRFLOG)

Regards,
Raghu