cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with posting electronic bank statement automatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

we have some problems with posting electronic bank statements automatically. We are using MT940 format. It occurs with GVC 833 as partnerbank information (account and key/name) is not delivered with a 30 or 31 in front in Tag 86.

Has anyone an idea on ho to solve this?

Best regards

Melanie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Bohdan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Melanie!

I've encountered similar issue with one bank, which provided both bank key and bank account of the customer without tags 30 and 31 before the values. I've written small Python program to deal with this issue - the program analyzed the statement and changed the values in the string by adding the tags. This pre-processing took place before upload. I think the same program can be written in SAP, you have to contact ABAP developer and discuss this issue more deeply. Take a look on the OSS note 494777, which contains information on possible development options. I'm not sure, but it seems that user-exit FEB00001 might be useful.

Best regards,

The Wirtschaftsmann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Wirtschaftsman,

thanks. I think we have to program the exit.

Best regards

Melanie

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member190652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Melanie,

I have not come across this type of error message GVC 833.  I think it would be better if you share the screenshot of the error message and provide more details about the process you are following and your suspicion of bank statement contents.  I don't see any error message description with this code.

Regards,

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sridhar,

please see my answer above to Inthiyaz. There I tried to explain everything in detail.

Best regards

Melanie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Melanie,

Could you please provide complete error description details please.  Thanks.

Regards,

Inthiyaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inthiyaz,

it is not a real error I get. The posting of the posting area 2 is just not done.

We read bank statement via FF_5 and report RFEBKA00. For our Intercompany Transactions (using Transaction 833) normally we can read in the bank statement the partner bank and the partnerbank account and using this info we can route the posting of the posting area 2 to the correct  account.

The infos used is in Tag 86 (MT940 format note to payee). I think that this format ios standard but in some cases SAP cannot read the partner bank info as the bank statement file does not come with a 30 or 31 in front.

Here is an example where it works perfectly:

But in some cases we have problems to get the partner bank info out of the bank statement:

As you can see in this case I am missing partnerbank info (although it is in the --> text marked yellow) and therefore I am also missing my posting area 2.

Best regards

Melanie

former_member190652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Melanie,

From your screenshot for successful posting, there is no information in Note to Payee regarding the partner bank.  However partner bank details are posted and posting area 2 is successfully posted.  I believe you might have done some enhancement with FEB00001 to populate these fields.

For the second screenshot for failed posting in posting area 2, even though partner bank details are available in Note to Payee, they are NOT getting reflected in relevant fields of transaction FEBAN.  These fields I believe are getting populated through the custom logic.

Please check the custom logic maintained in the enhancement which may throw some light to determine the derivation of these fields.

Regards,

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sridhar,

thanks. I think we have to program the exit.

Best regards

Melanie