Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP is too slow....

former_member183044
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are facing a huge slowness in SAP. Can anyone help me why is taking too much time? Slowness is mainly during the Saving of the billings, Saving of Country code, Creating the material master records.

Kindly advice.

Regards

praveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Do some check on SAP level and DB level.

What is your system release and SP level.

Tuning needs to be done on just at SAP level but more at DB level, in general.

Have you checked the ST03 and worked on DB optimization ?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

It sounds like any number of factors could be the cause of your performance problems; all of the above suggestions are good and should be investigated to find the root cause. If you or the SAP Basis team aren't able to do this, there is a service at sapsleuth.com that is able to carry out the necessary investigative work and produce a report to determine the root problem.

former_member183044
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ross,

Our issue is below.

I have tried to update the basis version (KB73103) through SPAM. But it didn't complete due to error in CHECK INACTIVE OBJECT phase.

After that we had stopped the update. But after that our SAP system has become too slow. Our users can't able to update .For eg, Slowness is mainly during the Saving of the billings, Saving of Country code, Creating the material master records.

But if we restart the SAP server again, the slowness is not there and also the users are able to update the records.

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen

The fact that restarting temporarily solves the problem and it eventually gets worse again suggests some kind of resource issue - insufficient memory, shortage of work process etc - a more in depth analysis is required I believe.

Regards

Ross

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

is the Queue in SPAM empty now? You have to complete the BASIS PAckage Update because many Tables, reports, programs etc. were locked during the Update.

I suspect the update has not been completed correctly. This may be the reason für the slow Performance.

Please write the detailed error message of "CHECK INACTIVE OBJECT" and a picture of your SPAM.

Regards

Philipp

former_member183044
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ross,

Can u pls suggest some methods? I probably thinks restarting again and again is not the right way.

Awaiting ur earliest reply...

Regards

Praveen

former_member183044
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Philip,

Based on SAP Note  1882203 we have already corrected the error "CHECK INACTIVE OBJECT".

Now we have the issue of slowness and data is unable to save. i.e, Saving of the billings, Saving of Country code, Creating the material master records.

Awaiting ur earliest reply

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

All the methods were suggested earlier by vamsi kotagiriand others; it's not just a quick 'do this one step' fix I'm afraid. As I mentioned earlier, if you are unable to carry out this level of analysis yourself then you would need to get a Basis team or someone (sapsleuth.com) to carry out this analysis.

Regards

Ross

former_member183044
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ross,

Thnanx mann.Thanks for ur reply.

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

extend the two Paramters in Instanzprofile using transaction RZ10.

Regards

Philipp

former_member183044
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ross,

Pls note that when i checked the RAM of our server, it's almost full. Is that is the reason for slowness?

PFA the screenshot

Awaiting ur earliest reply..

Regards

Praveen

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the dump file that you send....check for the part "Information on where terminated" It contains the details

former_member183044
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Sorry for the late reply. So the issue is with memory, right?

Is it because of lack of RAM?

Regards

Praveen

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Not always it's because of lack of memory, at times it's how you have managed and configured.

So, as per your OS/DB/system load, tune your system and monitor. Segregate peak and off-peak hours. See if this works.

Also, I believe in some thread you said that you implement below note.

1659487 - SYB: SAPLSSYBJOB - DYNPRO_NOT_FOUND

Did you try using DB13 this in web browser ?

Regards,

former_member183044
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Divyanshu,

Thanks for the quick reply. We had checked the memory of the server. Its RAM is almost full while up ing one instance itself. We had tried the below note. We couldn't able to take backup via db13. When we click on the date to take the backup, the DYNPRO error is coming.

The solution provided in the note is that we have to upgrade the Basis package. Here we have given it ( from Level 2 to Level 3) through SPAM. But for 2 days it's being stuck.

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The dump says memory issue...May be incomplete upgrade or some thing might have missed.

Have you raised an incident with SAP for further lookup into the situation?

Also can you paste the files mentioned in the part "Information on where terminated" of the dump

BR,

Nikhil

former_member183044
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

From where i have to send the details ,the file which i sent?

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you paste the complete dump details.

former_member183044
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

It seems to be a long file. Can i have ur mail id?

Regards

Praveen

former_member183044
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Pls find the dump file.

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member183044
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

I already send the file. Anyway i will send one more time.

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please post a Image of the systemlog using Transaction SM21.

Restrict the time interval to 10 minutes before and five minutes after the short dump.

SM21 Shows more Details about the error

former_member183044
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Philip,

Can u pls tell me from where the log can be generated.

i am now at

date is given,Time is given, User is given, After this step i clicked on Reread system log.

Then what??

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Date= 24.10.2014

Time= 12:45:00 - 12:50:00

User= nothing (empty)

Then click "read Syslog" on the left side.

Then make a screenshot from the red lights (Errors)

former_member183044
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi philip,

Thanks for the reply. can u give u me ur mail id , so that i can send u the log files??

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Check in DB13 if the up date statistics jobs are running fine. Better to schedule it on daily basis on off-business hours.

If its failing there, please update the details. Meanwhile you can run it through brtools also.

Thanks & Regards,

Nikhil

former_member183044
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Pls note that we haven't able to take a backup using DB13. While clicking on the Date for which the backup has to be taken, it is coming with this error.

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

also check if your DB stats r up to date

former_member183044
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Muhammed,

i didn't understand ? Can u pls explain in detail??

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

1. May I know the reason why go for the upgrade?

2. Check if all the steps in upgrade has been completed successfully without any errors and warning

3. Was there slowness before the upgrade? If not, I believe you might need to check other component versions too.

4. Whether slowness is there only when posting country codes or billing or does every one face the error in any kind of activity in the system.

Regards,

Nikhil

former_member183044
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

1.In one SAP note , SAP told that to update. the Reason is when we selected DB13 for taking backup, when we selected the date on which to take the backup, DYNPRO ERROR SCREEN OCCURED.

2. "TP_CANNOT_CONNECT_SYSTEM"-------this was the error occured

3. Only the slownessoccured when we have done the upgrade.

4. When the abouve said issues(Saving of the billings, Saving of Country code, Creating the...etc). Every one is facing the slowness.

Regards

Praveen

former_member183044
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Pls note that when i checked the RAM of our server, it's almost full. Is that is the reason for slowness?

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I've said it 2 times. Please upgrade your RAM and then the two Parameters. See above

Of course this is the reason for the slowness....

Regards

Philipp

former_member183044
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Philip,

Thanks.

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

start Transaction st05 and check Analyse trace.

former_member183044
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Philip,

In ST05 ,which trace we have to select? SQL, RFC,HTTP,ENQUEUE,BUFFER?

Since the issues i mentioned in the question was related to dataase, here i have to select SQL trace, right?

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

i have a better idea! Start Transaction DB13 and select the Full Screen Mode.
(see Image)

Here you can analyze the most importnat things such as Memory, Performance, Errors, etc.

By the way here you can also read the ALERT.log without going to the database Server.

Before you can use the ST05 you have to turn on the trace but i think you want to analyze the past, right?

I hope THIS will help you.

Sorry for my bad english, i'm from Germany

Regards

Philipp

former_member183044
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Philip,

Sorry for the late reply.

Slowness is mainly during the Saving of the billings, Saving of Country code, Creating the material master records. But if we restart the SAP Server, then for some time the slowness is not there.

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

you should try to the extend you disp+work processes and BTC.

Go to transaktion RZ10 and edit gthe instance Profile.

There are two Parameters Raise them both a Little bit. Before you do this please check your Processor Usage and the Memory of the Server. Check whether they are sufficient.

If you are rebooting SAP, all DISP+WORK processes are free and can use for saving the billings for example.

Please check the Transaction SM50 to see what processes are used for.

Hope it will help you

former_member183044
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Philip,

Please find the screenshot

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

there are different scenario by which your server getting slow response

you check the following

check your swapsize how much it used

check your network connection

check sm50 dialog and background process where zreports are running from long time these we can

solve with the help of abaper  which stuck the dialog and back ground process

check ST03 response time for each tcode should be less then 1000ms

check st06 for cpu usage kill some hold process

if you just restart the server then also it will take bcaz all buffer gets deleted you can check this with STO4 data buffer which should be more then 96% if you just restart the server then data buffer are at less then 30% it will come to 96% but it require some time

Regards

former_member183044
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajendra,

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Of course there are many ways to improve performance.

Pls do the Analysis:

- do a response time breakup using ST03 statistics, to see which component is taking most time

- analyze your database I/O performance in ST04

- analyze top response time transactions in more detail (ST03, STAD)

- analyze top expensive SQL statements in more detail (ST04, ST03, EarlyWatch alert report)

- analyze CPU usage (ST06, OS07, OS dep. tools)

- analyze RAM usage and paging (ST06, OS07, OS dep tools)

- check whether your SAP memory parameters are OK (ST02)

- check whether DB parameters are OK (DB specific notes)

Optimizations:

- create indexes according to SQL analysis

- Check in SM50 for any Long running jobs  & look for any ABAP programmer take a look at heavy transactions and report (especially Z-code)

- try to adjust database parameters

- try to adjust SAP instance profile parameters

Rgds,

vamc.

former_member183044
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

Praveen