cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evaluating postponement strategy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

First I should mention I have just started to use SAP. I am currently working on a postponement strategy for a product. The whole idea is to reduce the number of SKUs (variants) in the business plan forecast and create SKUs later on in the warehouse.

Any ideas what data I should consider to compare the actual is-scenario with the future postponement scenario?

I was thinking about

+ Production costs

+ Storage costs = SUM((Costs per product per day*Products in warehouse per day)/(Products sold))

+ Shipping costs = (Total shipping costs of all SKUs [variants])/(Products sold)

+ Interest = SUM(((Capital in warehouse)/(day)) * ((Interest rate)/(365)))

I have most of the figures. However I cannot find a suitable transaction in SAP that gives a table with columns for the number of products in the warehouse (e.g. five columns for five products) and the date from 01/01/2013 - 31/12/2013 in the rows.

DateSKU1SKU2SKU3
01/01/2013510...
02/01/20131070...
03/01/201355...
31/12/2013200...

Eventually I would be interested in creating a query to do the whole analysis for me. At this stage I am more focused on getting the data at all and come up with a accurate model.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Regards

Roman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

claire_yang
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Have you tried SCM APO DP/SNP planning book? The transaction is /SAPAPO/SDP94.

BR

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can't execute this transaction, but I will look further into that. Thanks for the reply!

Answers (0)