cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making Portal changes between UPtime and DOWNtime?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all.

We're undergoing an upgrade from Enterprise Portal 7.03 to Netweaver Portal 7.4, and for our Production cutover, we want to conduct the uptime activities on a Wednesday evening, and then 2 days later -- on a Friday night -- continue on with the downtime activity (all using SUM).

Do I need to restrict any particular changes from being made by users (i.e. content, transports, other) to the Portal between uptime and downtime? I want to ensure that no changes get lost between the time 'uptime' activities complete on Wednesday evening, and the end of Portal upgrade Friday night into Saturday morning.

We're not using the near-zero downtime (nZDM), so we're not 'recording', an option I've only read about (not even sure if this applies).

Thoughts?

Regards,

Bryan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Samuli - this is excellent information, thank you. I see that this focuses specifically on PCD (very good!) and collaboration rooms. Any idea if 'content' changes will be lost between uptime and downtime? Or will they persist . . .

-Bryan

Former Member
0 Kudos

What kind of content changes are you referring to? Changes to KM repositories? I'm not sure but I think KM repositories are unaffected by this change, if you need you can always configure the KM repositories to be read-only.

Answers (0)