cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you update multiple instances at one time?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am quite new to BOE, coming from a microsoft world. I am currently using it to schedule reports (instances). Curently I'm managing around 400 instances developed from 100 or so reports. I am wondering a few things:

Can you update the schedule times for multiple reports at once? Say I want to move the scheduled start time of all instances that are now scheduled to run at 11:00 to 12:00.

Also...
Why when you update a report (say you add a parameter or change the filter on the report) do you have to rebuild all of the instances from that report? I can understand having to go in and set a value in each instance for the report but when rescheduling the instance to include said parameter or filter, it's not available in the list and you need to completely rebuild the instance. This has been very time consuming and frustrating.

I'm currntly using BOE XI 12.1.0

Any suggestions are hugely appreciated!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you need to update schedule time, you need to open each instance and modify the schedule time. If you use SDK, you will be able to modify the schedule time programatically without open each schedule.

Report changes -  you don't need to modify the schedules.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your prompt response Jawahar.

I'm not very familiar with BO SDK but I will look more into this. Is it simply an add-on or management tool? I am not a BOE admin, but a user. I'm sure we could push for any tool we need that is fit for the job though.

Thank you for your response!

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SDK- Software Development Kit. SAP provides the SDK, you can develop your own version of the program to support BO. You need to have knowledge on Java programming to use SDK. There is an SDK forum in SCM, please post your question there related to your issue.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member191664
Active Contributor
0 Kudos