cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Domains

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I am new to PowerDesigner and using version 16.5. I was wondering if I can get some expert advice from you guys. Here is the situation: We work with many data models and use enterprise repository. What I am trying to find if there is a way to create my Domains globally I.E in the repository maybe then they can be applied to all different models so we don’t have to create Domains for each data model separately. I would greatly appreciate your support!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

GeorgeMcGeachie
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jazz

Sorry I don't have time for a longer reply at the moment, but the short answer to your question is 'Yes'. You can keep your Global domain models in the library folder in the repository, and have them pushed out to your users when they connect to the repository. They can then reference these domains via shortcuts to the global model. If you use model generation to create multiple versions (e.g. CDM, LDM and PDM) of the global domains, these will automatically be used when you generate a PDM from one of your LDMs, etc.

I do have a write-up or some slides on this topic - I'll dig it out and blog about it, maybe next week.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Goerge I will look forward to read your document on this topic