cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset posting in Non-leading ledger only

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do you configure a scenario in which assets will be created in a non-leading ledger (only), while expensed in leading ledger?  In multiple threads I have read that you set up the asset in 0L with 0 life - thereby expensing immediately.  However this seems to create an acquisition transaction in 0L in that is fictitious, and likely requires that the asset be retired in a separate transaction.  That seems like wasted effort.

Requirements:

• Asset valued as
    • 0L - $0
    • S1 - $500
  • 0L value is charged to Supplies Expense
  • No APC (& no Accum Depr) at end of the transaction) in 0L
  • No Capital Spend reported -- based on asset transaction types

Would creation of a new asset class allow the 0L asset to be charged to an expense account & not depreciated?  Can this be treated separately by ledger?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Kris,

please have a look at Nathans blog about the New Parallel Valuation Solution for Asset Accounting. With the new business function your requirement should be easy to be achieved.

There will be the option to create so called single sided assets for non-leading ledgers only. We already use this.

Kind Regards,

Steffen

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to me the requirement that the value should be only in Non leading ledger i.e. Depreciation Area S1 and nil value in Depreciation area 0L is not possible. THe values of non leading are getting flown from leading ledger. Now the acquisiton is required to be done with a value in 0L and then that value is only displayed in Non Leading Ledger too. Then in Asset Master you can assign Depreciation key of GWG which is 100% depreciation in the year of acquisition and in the Non Leading ledger you can assign depreciation key as per youor requirement. But again directly you cannot have values only in Non Leading Ledger unless its a legacy data transfer.

Regards,

Malhar.

raymond_moynihan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kris,

I don't believe this is possible in a ledger scenario.

For example, With FB01L/FB50L it is not possible to post to a single ledger or ledger group directly for asset using posting key 70/75 .

Reason for this is that values on asset are stored in depreciation areas. If there are different values in depreciation areas, the difference is posted by
FI-AA report RAPERB* to the single ledger groups.

Because of the usage of depreciation areas in asset accounting it is not possible to post on
asset with FB01L/FB50L using ledger group.

Otherwise FI would no longer be corresponding to asset accounting.

regards

Ray Moynihan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kris,

It is very interesting to hear the requirement,

Can you please enlighten little more on what is the acquisition posting method?

Thanks in Advance.

Pankaj Bansal