cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's an international community without an international radio station?

former_member181923
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We SAP-pers ARE an international community, right?

And as such, wouldn't it be great if we had an international radio station where we could listen to each other's music?

Well, we have one:

http://www.live365.com/

It's completely free, unless you want to sign up for the "VIP" status that gives you a broader listenining range.

Anyway, I'm sitting here in Marlton NJ USA listening to Radio Rainbow from Athens Greece - they're playing all old bouzoukee/voice hasapiko and syrtaki classics.

Is that cool or what?

So go listen to your favorite genre and report back here with what the good stations are, in your opinion.

DISCLAIMER:  I have NO interest, financial or otherwise, in the live365 website or its sponsor company !!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Reminds me of Cartalk. I was a big fan. Something tells me this humorous idea has merit but needs more grassroots push! Love the way you think

former_member181923
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yeah - I was a CarListener also - too bad about Tom passing on recently.   

Anyway, regarding generation of grassroots support for a web SAPTalk modelled afterf CarTalk, the way to do it is to stage a prototype.

And in that regard, I'm in Marlton NJ on the Army LMP project Mon-Fri, which is a hop, skip, and a jump across the Walt Whitman to Newton Square.  So I would be happy to spend weekends helping out as one of the hosts of a prototype SAPTalk  (so long as SAP footed my Fri/Sat hotel bills heh heh heh.)

One topic I can think of for SAPTalk would be

"How to cleanse your SAP engine of unwanted BDC-buildup"

and I'm sure some of the resident humorists here (Lukas, Stephen et al) can come up with others in less than an Augenblick.

So. lemme know when the studo is ready and I'll be there with bells on ...

former_member181923
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This Turkish station out of Toronto is fantastic also:

Online International Music - Live365 Internet Radio - Radyo Denizfeneri

former_member181923
Active Participant
0 Kudos

PS to Marilyn and Mark - if SAP ever decides to take Coffee Corner live on an SAP-sponsored website, I'll be happy to take the "wolfman" shift (midnight to 8am).

Just imagine  - me and Lukas sitting around in the wee hours of the morning, dissing SAP!

What a beautiful thing it could be ....!