cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DELETE BUSINESS PARTNER FROM TARGET GROUP PERMANENTLY.

former_member228522
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hello All,

I have an issue is related to target group. I want to delete Business partner from target group but when I have de activate the target group and than select all business partner and than delete it but they again come back in next day and this happen only in production server and this target group also assign in one campaign. I also used the function module CRM_TARGETGROUP_DELETE but its giving me error that this target group still used in marketing project. so please explain me how to delete business partner from target group permanently.

Thanks &  Regard,

Deepak.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

pallavi_an
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Please check whether the job which generates target group is periodic in production or not. If yes then the accounts will re-appear in the target group after job completion ( Happens when all conditions in segmentation model are satisfied ).

Regards,

Pallavi

former_member228522
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pallavi,

Thanks for your Reply.

how can I check that please help me because I am new in CRM side.

please suggest.

Thanks

Deepak.

pallavi_an
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

In the segmentation modeller you can check jobs ( Job monitor ) in More button.

regards,

Pallavi

former_member228522
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks pallavi ..

I will check and update you...

former_member228522
Active Participant
0 Kudos

yes one job running in background but its not related for this issue ...

pallavi_an
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Open your segmentation model.

Go to your target group. In the Options button click on generate. You will see Job details.

Check if the periodic checkbox is checked. If yes then this is the reason for your issue.

Regards,

Pallavi

former_member228522
Active Participant
0 Kudos

i have looked that option  but that check box is not checked.

Regards,

Deepak.

pallavi_an
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

In the job details, select job name. Go to SM37 and check if any job is running/Scheduled .

Regards,

Pallavi

former_member228522
Active Participant
0 Kudos

i have seen job name is Generate Model 265 but i didnt getting any job in this name in sm37..

Please help.

regards,

deepak.

pallavi_an
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Whatever jobs you see in job monitor are related to that segmentation model.

Try to kill that job and check if you are able to delete partners or not.

If you feel there is any business impact please try in pre-prod environment.

Regards,

Pallavi

former_member228522
Active Participant
0 Kudos

but its working in development and quality successfully. i have create the same scenario in both system only in production that bp is come back in next day ??

regards,

deepak

pallavi_an
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Is the job running in Development/quality system?

Can you please share your Job Monitor( web UI ) screenshot?

Regards,

Pallavi

former_member228522
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry for that.

But no job running in Dev and quality. but one job process in production but its not related for that issue.

Regard,

deepak.

pallavi_an
Participant
0 Kudos

Deepak,

As I siad, whatever jobs you see in the job monitor are related to that segmentation model. So kill that job and check if you are able to delete partners.

Regards,

Pallavi

former_member228522
Active Participant
0 Kudos

But that job is completely not related for that issue..

Thanks,

Deepak.

former_member228522
Active Participant
0 Kudos

pallavi,

I am able to delete BP's from target group manually and on that time its deleted but its come back suppose i delete 20 bp's now but its come back 23 or 25 or anything bp's in next day.

Again we don’t need to delete TG it just prevent it from adding BP's everyday. if its zero than also no issue.

thanks,

Deepak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Just try to pause / cancel  the job and see if the TG is getting updated or not the next day. Still if you find the TG getting updated (even after canceling the job) then we can conclude that the job truly does not belong to the TG updation.

Why can't you try once.

Rgds

Hari

former_member228522
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hariprasad,

one Job is running in production for all target groups. so please suggest it is possible to cancel/pause the job only for one target group ??? and again this job is not related to update target group.

former_member228522
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pallavi,

one Job is running in production for all target groups. so please suggest it is possible to cancel/pause the job only for one target group and how can I do that ?? and again this job is not related to update target group.

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does the report of the job has some selection parameters? Perhaps you can adjust the variant and remove the target group there.

former_member228522
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hello Gregor,

I am trying to do that but I don't have any selection parameters in my report. this report is only shoot mail for target group. in our case business partner come back next day and some bp's also added in this target group automatically. please suggest any other option to delete target group  permanently if target group is Zero BP's permanently than its fine for me.

Kindly suggest how can I achieve this ??

Thanks &  Regards,

Nayan/Deepak.

pallavi_an
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

I can't think of any solution other than pausing the job.

I will let you know If I get answer for this.

Regards,

Pallavi

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

if it is a SAP standard report I would suggest that you file a incident in the Service Marketplace. If it is your own report, then debug.

Best regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Whether the target group that you are referring has been assigned to a campaign? If yes, then it may not be possible until you archive campaign and then delete.

OR

Delete the BPs of the target group (not the entire target group) and rebuild the target group. This will some time works !

OR

With the help of expert tools select the target group and delete all the marketing attributes of that target group. Come to staging area and refresh the target group, this way you will find an empty target group which will not have any usage.

Rgds

Hari

former_member228522
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hello hari,

Thanks for the reply.

yes this target group is assign is one campaign and the status of this campaign is released right now.so what i do for delete this business partner from the target group or how to archive campaign.

OR

how to delete form expert tool i am looking this on expert tool but i didn't understand.

Please Help.

Thanks & Regard,

Deepak.

devashish_bhattacharya
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Did you try changing the Campaign's status to "Finished" or anything that closes it and then going into the Target Group and trying deleting the partner?

I hope your TG isnt assigned to more Campaigns.

Regards,

Devashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

please look into this below thread, may be it will give you some clue.

Mean while I will try to provide more help on the other option [expert tool].

Rgds

Hari