cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Depreciation Key change for an asset class

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

There has been a request for depreciation key change for an asset class. If I go ahead to change this in OAYZ, how this will affect.

Will this only be applicable only for the newly created assets? Or the old assets will also be impacted?

Regards

SR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swastik,

It will affect only for newly created assets. It will not impact on old assets.

Regards,

Mukthar

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to me if you make changes in the OAYZ T-Code for the purpose changing depreciation key in Asset Class then the Assets which are created after that changes will be having the New depreciation key but the existing assets would still be having the old depreciation key i.e. effect will be prospectively & not retrospectively. So in this case you would be required to make changes in OAYZ T-Code and also make the changes in the already created Assets through T-Code AS02.

Regards,

Malhar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swastik,

Please check this link :

It is explained well in this link.

Regards,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it will have a prospective change and not retrospective.

Regards

Sharmila

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks.

The link you have pasted relates to the change of dep key in an existing asset master .

My query is about depreciation key change for the asset class and not asset master.

That way it will only affect the newly created assets, i suppose. I just wanted to know, what factors we should be careful about, while dealing with suc a request
Regards

SR