cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to void 4 checks not written to anyone

0 Kudos

These checks were not assigned to a supplier.  The check number needs to be voided in SAP so the next check run will begin on the 5th check.  They were ripped by mistake.  ck#13239-13241 and I need SAP to remember my next number will be #13242.  I am not locating anything in the help files regarding this.

Thanks,

Rose

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

HarshalVakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rose,

In addition to steps suggested by Connie,

If the checks are already recorded in the system and if you need to void the check, Please follow the steps below.

1) Payment management / Liquidity management work center

2) Payment monitor view

3) Search for the outgoing checks which you need to void. (Check should be in status "In transfer")

4) Click on Actions for checks

5) Enter Voiding date and Void Reason

6) Click Ok

You could find information on how to void the check (Steps suggested by Connie) in the help center document : "Check Lots and Check Numbers for Outgoing Checks" under the section : "Skip Next Check Number"

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Harshal

0 Kudos

Another issue about voiding a check.

A check was issued in error.  It needs to be voided in A/P and the invoices returned to unpaid invoices.

Per the instructions just above by voiding the check, SAP shows cancelled and the system still shows the invoice as paid.  How do I return the invoice to payables so I can correct the amount of payment.

Thanks,

Rose

parveen_kumar6
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Rose

When you void the check, system issues a new check for the invoice. Hence the invoice doesn't still show as open item. You need to cancel the newly created check.

Generally, there are two actions used for such scenarios.

1. Void Check - When you void the check,then it is expected that the current check was damaged and can't be used anymore. Hence system cancels the current check and issues a new check for the invoice.

2. Reverse Check -This action can be executed only for the Ready for Transfer checks. In this case, the check gets cancelled and invoice will show as open item in the account monitor.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Parveen Kumar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

You can void checks in liquidity management.  Go to liqidity management -master data -my banks select account checks belong to under edit select bank accounts, select the desired account and go to the check lot tab, select the active check lot containing the damaged checks and "void unused checks".

System prompts you for number to void. Date and reason. Then hit ok and save.