Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versioning in Change Request

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.

Can I have versioning in change request?

I have a scenario where I want to create a change request for changing material using parallel workflow. In this case I need to create multiple CR's for the same material to change various entities(Plant, MRP etc.,).

So for a single material I may end up in having many CR's.

I have 2 Change requests:

1. CR for Basic Data - CRA

2. CR for Plant Data - CRB

An user is changing basic data by changing material(M1000) through CRA(Ex: CR14)

another user is changing the plant data for the same material(M1000) through CRB(Ex: CR15)

Instead of having CR14 & CR15, Can I have it like CR14 and CR14.001??

Can we achieve this scenario?

Thanks

Bala

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Bala,

the is a feature available on MDG feature pack sp02,you can check on it.

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

Thanks for the update.

I have a question. Is there any standard  way of working for this versioning field?

Because I want the versioning to be work for change material. And if a material is already associated with the CR and again if any new CR is created for Change material then the system should take the previous CR and add a verion like 0001.

Is this a standard behavior of how does the existing versioning field work?

Thanks

Bala

former_member188878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Bala,

Changing the Material will trigger MAT02 request,not sure why you want to go with version.

you can have a BI reports on MDG which will give you the changes and CR number.

regards

shankar

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

I want to keep track on the changes done for material by following 1 change request ID& multiple versions rather than creating multiple CR's.

Also I don't want to create new CR Id's each time I modify the same material (If a CR is already created for it).

Any idea what is the use of Version field given in MDG? I couldn't see any documentation explaining its uses.

Thanks

Bala

former_member188878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Bala,

I too did came across any doc. only place I see the visible Version in on create material.

May you can raise the issue with SAP.

regards

shankar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos