cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery only full packing container is available

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a scenario where i maintain the liquid material in a container, hence when i create a sales order, the container will also be brought in as the second line item using BOM.(1 container can hold 1 litre of liquid material)

now i have a scenario where i might ask for 1 litre of liquid material & i will have 2 containers (from different batches), each with only .5 litre filled, ideally i cannot mix these two .5 batch(containers) litres into 1 & make a delivery.

can i have a control in SAP such that i will have the system creating the delivery only with the fully filled container ( or batch), even if i have 5 litres of liquid material with nothing reaching out to a full capacity at the container (batch) level.

Thanks & Regards

Ilango

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does the Packing concept fulfill your requirement.

containers can be created as packing materials with some capacity and packing can be performed in the delivery document

Former Member
0 Kudos

no it will not serve the purpose, auto delivery jobs creates the deliveries & we wanted to have the delivery getting created only when the container is full.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

first you can define the delivery unit in the material master sales view, which would be in your case 1 (or a multiple of 1.) So it would not allow to have a quantity with decimals in a delivery.

then such partials should not have "unrestricted use" as you have already a restriction that you do not want to sell partials. do a transfer posting to blocked stock.

Or you store partials apart from your saleable material, in a different storage location which is marked as planned separately. So it will not be included in the ATP.