cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parent Assignment Approver Checkbox - Mass Update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to enable "Parent Assignment Approver" for 200 roles. Is there a way where I can do mass update to enable this option? Or I need to manually for every role

I couldn't find any option in the role import template or in Mass role update in NWBC

Please help..

Regards,
Madan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madan,

Help me understand your real concerns.

Are you trying to assign the role assignment approver in case of parent roles..?

If this is the case then yes, you can do this at the mass role import stage. You need to fill in the mass role import template with the parent role assignment approvers and confirm the check box for role assignment approver..rolr content approver as per your needs.

Let me know if you meant something else.

Regards,

Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameet,

Thanks for your reply.

We are using Composite Roles and our Composite roles have Mapped roles for different systems.

In order to make the Composite role approver as approver for mapped roles also, there is an checkbox called "Consider Parent Assignment Approver".

If I check this checkbox, then mapped roles also will go to the same approver as that of main role.

But for this I need to individually go in to each role and need to enable the checkbox.

So, I wanted to know if there is any way where I can enable this option for all roles at once than individually going into each role.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Madan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madan,

Thanks for this clarification and helping me understand your real concerns.

Kindly confirm one thing:

Are you creating single and compite roles from BRM..or you are just importing these existing roles from the satellite systems..?

In case you are creating composite roles from BRM then you can confirm the check box for "enable parent assignment approvers" which will map the current approver of composite roles to all of its contained single roles.

But, if you importing the composite roles to NWBC, then I would meet this need of parent role assignment approver to the contained roles by "mass role import".

You must import single roles first with the corresponding approvers then you can import the composite role with the approvers' details and that would be the same in your case.

As per your pasted snap shot: why you have maintain authorization stage in case of composite role maintenance, just curious though. You can directly have risk analysis stage post define.

Regards,

Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameet,

I just took screenshot of some role from NWBC, just to show you the option and the screenshot is of a single role not composite role

I am not creating roles in BRM. I am importing them.

While Importing I can maintain Role Owners using Role Import Template.

Also it is possible to maintain role owners using Mass Role Update.

My issue is during role import we don't have any column to enable checkbox for "Consider Parent Assignment Approver".

So, I need to manually go into the role and enable that check box.

I wanted to know if there is any alternate option where I can enable this option for all roles at once.

Regards,

Madan

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madan,

If I have understood your requirement correctly, you need the Consider Parent Assignment Approver checkbox always checked by default.

There is no option in Role Import to enable it by default for all the roles.

You need to enable the checkbox at Webdynpro level.

Webdynpro Component - GRAC_UIBB_ADD_DEF

View - V_ROLE_MAPPING

Take the help of ABAPer in your team and get the checkbox enabled.

Note: Once you enable at Webdynpro application level, it would be enabled for all the roles.

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

Thank you so much

We are still in discussions with customer but our ABAPer confirmed that they can customize to keep check box always checked in the Role management screen in the mentioned view. Once done may be I will share the solution in the same thread.

Regards,

Madan.

Answers (0)