Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change password for local repo in BODS 4.2

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I know this could be very easy to figure out but I couldn't. I am using SQL anywhere as repository DB for SAP BODS 4.2 version. Please help with pointers on how to change local repository password in SAP BODS 4.2 at user and CMC level prompt.

Thanks in advance.

Best !

Deep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

For all about user in CMC console you  can follow this link

Regards

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rajendra - I've already seen that link, nowhere specifically talk about password management.

Best !

Deep

former_member200473
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

as far as i remember while creating and registering a repository  to CMC we give user/password of DBs.

So i assume if we change the password for user of DBs and then try to reregister with CMC with new password, it should work.

I wish to do it by my own by as of now server is not working .

Could you please try once and provide your inputs.

Shiva Sahu

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shiva - Great it worked for me at CMC prompt level by executing below command in SQl anywhere DB

ALTER USER dgupta IDENTIFIED BY *******

Now at user level while re registering in CMC it doesn't seems to work, i am still checking for options.

Best !

Deep

former_member200473
Contributor
0 Kudos

Deepak,

Could you please share the screenshot while reregistering at user level

Note : I personally request you to back up of repository before doing any changes.

what i guess, while we create the repository the password gets saved in repository , so you made need to recreate/upgrade from repository manager.

If you are at live  system , i know you are an expert   but i would request you to do on  dummy repository and then apply to live repository .

Shiva Sahu

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Now this seems to working while I changed Pwd at below location -

Best !

Deep

former_member200473
Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess you have tried to change the user/password for CMC user ,please correct me if i am wrong

Shiva Sahu

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes in User and groups. Infact I did as user must change password on next log on.

Best !

Deep

former_member200473
Contributor
0 Kudos

Congrats !! finally you changed the password for repository 

Shiva Sahu