cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selection Parameters appearnce different than design of BEx Designer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

As per BEx query design  in the Filter Pane I have one dynamic filter but when I am executing this report using Analyzer or RSRT I am getting some extra Selection parameter.  Could someone please suggest how these extra selection parameters are coming.

Please see screen shot for your reference.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

yasemin_kilinc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

Please also check the restrictions in the default values pane. These parameters may also have come due to the formula variables which you may have used in formulas or CKFs. Check both the default values pane and the formulas used in the query.

Hope it gives an idea.

Regards

Yasemin..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Yasemin for your helpful response.  Yes I checked and found the variable on Forecast Version in one of the Formula. 

could you please try to assist me as below

for a particular value for Forcaste Version  I am getting the following error.

Diagnosis

Characteristic value ZBR7 does not exist in the master data table of characteristic 0RTYPE. Therefore, this value could not be transformed into the internal SID.

Procedure

Check whether the value is correct or not. If it is correct, you need to generate the associated master data. Note: For characteristics 0FISCPER and 0FISCYEAR, there must be a corresponding fiscal year variant (see table T009). In addition, there must be units in table T006 and currencies in the table TCURC.

yasemin_kilinc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

I think you get this error because you haven't transferred the exhange rates and global settings from the source system. ZBR7 must have been defined as a currency type in the source system but you don't have it in BW master data. To transfer them go to the source system tab from RSA1, right click on the source system and select transfer exchange rates. Then also transfer global settings (I am not sure which one was gathering the currency type).

regards

Yasemin...

PS: If you don't need ZBR7 in your query as a currency type then you can change the query acording to that.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member194898
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Fiscal variant is strictly connected with fiscal period.

Why do you give possibilty of restricting by fiscal version to users ? They should have the possibility of restricting by fisc per !! Value for fiscal version in most cases is one and so it should be hardcoded in query's filter.

Apart from this may be there are some restrictions in columns/rows. Did you check this ?

Regards, Leszek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Leslaw for your response.  Yes I checked and found the variable on Forecast Version in one of the Formula. 

could you please try to assist me as below

for a particular value for Forcaste Version  I am getting the following error.

Diagnosis

Characteristic value ZBR7 does not exist in the master data table of characteristic 0RTYPE. Therefore, this value could not be transformed into the internal SID.

Procedure

Check whether the value is correct or not. If it is correct, you need to generate the associated master data. Note: For characteristics 0FISCPER and 0FISCYEAR, there must be a corresponding fiscal year variant (see table T009). In addition, there must be units in table T006 and currencies in the table TCURC.

former_member194898
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK,

If you want to restrict data with Fiscal Period(s) give harcoded restriction on 0fiscvrnt. In my case you see restriction "K4" what equals 12 months + 4 special during the year.

Then restrict data on 0fiscper using variable. Like that.

You can of course restrict data in columns but restricting in main filer (globally) will work faster.

Leszek