Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI 4.1 SP4 Webi is not opeinig.

former_member280203
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i have install the BI 4.1 sp04 patch 3 on windows server 2012 r2. i could not able to launch the web intelligenc from laucnpad. when i try to launch it with in the server iam ending with the below error.

Web intelligence Applet cannot be loaded,please make sure you have installed a java virtual machine.

but when i lauch it from my  pc iam ending with the below error.

i have the below parameters in my server.

OS=windows server  2012 r2

Browser =E 32,64 bit .(IE 11),fire fox 32.0.3

java 1.7.0_67 64 bit.

In my local pc i have IE8,java 1.6. with html mode iam able to edit and run the webi reports in both the server and my local machine.

please help me out to fix the issue.

Regards,

Divi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Divi,

In order to use the WebI with any browser you MUST use 32bit Java.  For a full list of what is supported, see link to Product PAM

Regards,

Ajay

former_member280203
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,Nikhil

thank for your help. now iam able to run webi.;)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Divi,

I know it's been a long time. But can you let me know how you resolve this issue as some users in our organization are getting the same error?

I think the culprit is Java 1.6_31 on their local PCs. But they need to be on 1.6_31 for some other application. Our support folks tried to upgrade their Java to 1.7_76 version and then BO worked, but their other application did not work.

Our server environment is:

BO 4.1 SP6

2012 Windows R2

Local PC:

IE11

Java 1.6_31

They are able to view and refresh reports in BI launchpad, but unable to modify. They get the error "This content cannot be displayed in a frame" exactly the same issue what you have attached when you created this post (Oct 17, 2014).

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is possible to have multiple versions of the JRE installed side-by-side - it's an option in the Java install.  You might want to see whether that will work for your users who need both versions.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dell!

I was unaware of this. I'll check with our organization desktop support folks to see if they can do this. If that can happen, it resolves our issue to a greater extent.

Regards,

Naveen

former_member280203
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

I have uninstalled the IE 64 bit in server,used only IE 32 bit .

after upgrading to 1.7, I am able to edit the doucments.

but with 1.6 you can't edit the docment directly . as a work around i followed below steps.

1. view the document  --> design -->edit.

But with above method i could not able to see lot of features like custom foramt,rules etc.

as suggested by dell we have upgrated ,couple uses java version to 1.7 who want to edit the reprots.

Regards,

Divi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

on the server, you require 32-bit JRE for the browser.

on the local pc, you require java 1.7 32-bit

-Nikhil Nair