cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create an iview with PCD links

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to create an iview that looks exactly like Detailed Navigation iview i.e it contains links to the worksets and pages in the role. Can I achieve this without coding i.e using standard iview creation wizards.

It would look like this:

Role

Folder1

iview1

iview2

Folder2

iview1

iview2

Can I get this without doing any java code.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This makes no sense to me. If it should be exact like DTN iView why you wanna create an own one which looks and doing exactly the same? You can find the DTN component in the PCD, just use it.

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

i sm trying to d that as well. But how can i pass the parent node to the Dtn component in order to get the child nodes displayed.

thanks

former_member193577
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sujana,

You can check the LS-API for getting any details on navigation nodes (parent, child, properties, etc):

Using the L-Shape API - Portal - SAP Library

This invovles javascript code where you can use in any way you please, without Java.

Br,

Tal

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Tal,

I cannot use any custom made objects/java code/ jsps in short anything to do in NWDS i cant do it. Instead I can use only objects that are readily available or any configuration steps.

regards,

Sujana

former_member193577
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did not quite understand.

You would like to create a new iView, but you do not want to use any code?

That means you are searching of already existing iView in EP, right?

iViews that may provide some, but not exact view as you want can be the Workset map iView and the Service Map iView.

Check these links to get you started:

Creating a Workset Map iView - Portal - SAP Library

Service map ivIew

If these do not fit, you will have to create customized iView (that means writing code... js/jsp/java).

Best Regards,

Tal

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Tal,

The service Map iview fitted my requirement exactly. I understand working with these iviews is a bit tricky, but managed to get through it.

Thanks a lot.

Regads,

Sujana

Answers (0)