cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Derived account for account symbol 4.1.1 is masked

Former Member

Hi,

Please advice me on the following issue.

When investing in fixed Interest bonds, the bank would be debited and when interest received  bank would be credited

But the problem is Different GL Accounts  will be  hit

Derived account for account symbol 4.1.1 is masked

Message no. TPM_TRAC1019

Diagnosis

The derived G/L account in account assignment determination for account symbol 4.1.1 is masked (wildcard).

In account assignment determination, a wildcard has been defined in the chart of accounts CAAD for account symbol 4.1.1, account assignment reference  and currency . A wildcard is only permitted if the account symbol is assigned to posting category 'Bank posting in payment currency'.

Account symbol 4.1.1 has a different posting category.

System Response

The activity is terminated.

Procedure

Assign a G/L account to account symbol4.1.1 . When posting to customer accounts (Posting category: 'Subledger posting in payment currency') you do not need to assign an account. In this case, the posting is made to the customer reconciliation account.

with regards

raju

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

grigoriy_babitskiy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna.

If you want to use Bank account - use Posting category "3 Bank posting in payment currency. You can create as many account symbols for banks you need. for example 3.1, 3.2, etc.

system tells you thatn masking works only with acc. symbols that has posting category 3.

"SM34 -> TRACX_ACC_DETER -> Definition of Account Symbols"

As you can see below is 4.1.1 account. It has posting category "4 profit-related".

For your example you can create 2 account symbols: 3.1 for debit. 3.2 for credit. Both assigned to posting category 3.

let's say bank account has the following code. 110010. incoming bank account is 110011, outgoing - 110012.

you have to assign mask to acc sybols like this:

3.1  +++++++++1.

3.2. +++++++++2.

also you have to assign account symbols to your posting schems.

Message was edited by: Grigoriy Babitskiy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member198450
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna,

Mr Grigoriy has already explained you whole process, I'm just putting the same.

Please go to IMG path- Treasury and Risk Management-Transaction Manager-General Settings-Accounting-Link to Other Accounting Components-Define Account Determination

Please do the customization as like below example,

Masking: How its works,  All your bank account should end with(5) say for example

I have made the above customization for IFRS now when i do the posting system will accept all the bank account which end with 5

This is standard SAP logic to be used when we have multiple bank accounts.

Let me know if you need further help.

Regards,

Jain