cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standardtext in workorder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Is it possible to get one and same "standard text" to always automatically be included in the order header long text without changing the SAP standard ?

Thanks in advance for any answers

Regards

Anders M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sebastian and Pete
Thanks for your advise. We already have the standard text in SO10 as a IPRT "PM:print text Includes" as a Z_xx_xx so in that step it would be ok. I will discuss it again with our developer. If you have some more explanations/help to add it is greatful

Thanks
Anders

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anders,

We've just done this for my last customer via development.

We used one of the IWO1* user-exits that trigger before the main IW31 screen is seen. Then an SO10 standard text was added to the order header long-text.

The SO10 text allows flexibility for the user to change the text without the need for further development.

PeteA

S0022314014
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pete

Although I believe the question has been answered, I have couple of concerns around SO10 standard Text keys. One of them is, there is not any change log for them. And the second one is, they might be used to keep very important information (i.e. Security warnings etc.) but they are not controlled documents. They are handy, nice and easy to use etc. But these are my main concerns. (I have raised a question on this topic here: which is unanswered. If there is a way to switch on change logging for standard text keys, then my opinion might change.)

And considering the fact that new (Ehp 6) functionality, Workers Safety Management works in integration with PRTS (miscellaneous), PRT-Documents, PRT Equipment, Task Lists and not with Standard Text Keys, I believe this option might be a limiting one.

PRT Miscellaneous has a limited change log (not working for long text changes unfortunately) and PRT Documents have standard content and version management functionality. With a nice print program, or some minor enhancements in shop paper printing, these can be printed.

Kind regards

Savas

sebastian_lenartowicz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Greetings Savas,

Than you for the suggestions around Workers Safety Management.

Just in the defence of any solution where you use SO10 texts to maintain any important texts, two considerations:

1) it's handy especially if you have multiple forms, standard texts etc. involved as you only need to update the text once.

2) as for control over this text, it depends on your process and it depends on whom do you give access to SO10. The text itself is not logged, but you would have the changes to the text covered by your Application Change Management process. And limit the users able to go into SO10 for that purpose (in one organisation where we used that, you'd have to have IT Support go into the Firefighter user to even be able to use SO10 and change the text).

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Savas,

Although this is not directly related to Anders' original question, you can use authorisation object S_SCRP_TXT to restrict access to SO10 texts.

PeteA

S0022314014
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sebastian and Pete

Many thanks for your inputs. I will stop hijacking this discussion and once I have some time I will initiate a separate discussion topic on this "issue" and maybe we can share experiences by that way.

Kind regards

Savas

sebastian_lenartowicz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Greetings Anders,

Do you mean to add a text to the Long Text header field? Is that to happen for all the Orders, Plants?

You could create a Task List (or several task lists) for your Orders (for several Planning Plants, if needed) and then utilise the User Exit  IWO10020 Maintenance order: Automatically include task list to include this Task List in the new Orders. Build the right logic in the user exit. The Task List header long text is transferred to the Order long text by default.

Or create a Maintenance Plan with your Task List assigned and instead of creating Orders via IW31, do it via IP10 (but it is cumbersome...)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

This standard text are about how to handle the "risks" for the technicians and it should always be printout together with some of our workorder types. We have a standardtext that we can attach manually in the longtext field at the header and by then it will be on our printouts but we would want to have this attach automatic

sebastian_lenartowicz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Either try the option with the Task List described above

- or -

You can create a SAP Office Text using t-code SO10

e.g. "Z_PM_RISKS" and modify the SAP Work Order print program and form to include that text.