cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User security for Crystal Report in BI server.

former_member203168
Active Participant
0 Kudos

W have a report that sits in 1 folder that multiple Sales Reps will have access to. The report that I built is for all regions, all transactions. I have scheduled this 1 report to run at 3am every morning. My goal is to have sales rep 1 login to BI Launchpad, open the folder, and "view the latest instance" of the pre-run report. I would then like this report to display, but to filter only the data that pertains to this rep (State ="CA","OR").
Same for sales rep 2. He would go to the same infovew folder, same report, view latest instance of the pre-run report but only see his regions appear in the report.

How do I do this "view time security" on a pre-run instance of a report in Business Objects??

We are using Crystal reports 2011 and BI 4.0 SP5.

--Praveen G

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can setup object level security in Universe.

Or you can use report bursting feature to personalize the report for each user.

former_member203168
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't a publication push out a slice of a report to a destination?  I don't want different versions of this report being pushed out, just 1 report that filters(hide/show) the data based on the user in Launchpad report instance.  IF I am wrong about publications let me know.

and we are using BEx queries as source..

--Praveen G

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. Publication push out different versions to each users based on personalization.

I am not sure about BEx queries.

If the universe is the solution, you can setup object level security.