cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discrete Simulation Environment in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey People!

I hope this is the correct place to post this! I'm doing my master degree right in computer engineering right now and need to be thinking about my master thesis. While my masters studies I've done a lot of simulations with a tool called AnyLogic (if you dont know it, here is a link: Multimethod Simulation Software and Solutions), and besides working in an SAP Consulting Company. So right now, I am trying to find a topic for my thesis to connect simulation and SAP together in a kind of abstract way.

So basically I thought about creating a Discrete Simulation Environment in SAP to simulate different process chains, warehousing etc, in such a way that everything can be done in one environment by making everything very abstract (for example with timers, simple queues, delays etc).

Here is a video of discrete simulation in anylogic:

Simulation Software AnyLogic - Disctete Event Manufacturing Model - YouTube

So my problem now is that I am not very experiences with ABAP and all the different technices behind it. So i thought I ask you people out there (who are maybe experienced with these kind of simulation tools), what you think about it, if abap is even capable of doing such things, and what my main problem is, if there is a nice way of doing a GUI for this kind of stuff (i thought of maybe doing a HTML5 GUI).

Sorry if I'm not very good at explaining stuff, so feel free to ask more : )

Thank you guys!

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I dont think you'll get a valid response here since this place is for BusinessObjects platform.

Try the ABAP place @

OR choose the best place you think from http://scn.sap.com/places

-Nikhil Nair

Former Member
0 Kudos

I actually did post it there, but the post got moved into here by a mod.