SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebate if payment is before due date in an invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

My business requirement is to post a rebate new line item in a current month invoice if a consumer had paid last invoice before due date.

Is there any configuration available in system or we can use any event through which i can achieve this objective?

Regards

Arun

6 REPLIES 6

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Arun:

Have you looked into cash discount via payment terms configuration?

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Hii Bill,

As you suggested for cash discount functionality in sap fics for achieving payment rebate if paid before due.

That i am sure can be achieved and this will work on total invoice amount or we can say invoice final amount. In my scenario what if i want to only give rebate on the total amount of energy charge and fixed charge?

How i can accomplish this objective, either from configuration or via discount variant  at schema level.

Please guide me to solve this issue.

Regards

Arun

0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

i am using Discount and Surcharge Key functionality for giving discount on customer debit or credit.

Financial Accounting > Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable > Integration > Invoicing in Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable > Invoicing > Invoicing Processes > Additional Functions

> Define Key for Charges and Discounts

In here we defined it as discount key and using customizing function module FKK_SAMPLE_TFK2617 for determining the base amount for discount.i defined its validity from 01042014 and in calculation rule, base amount is set to 1 and using credit for minimum balance for cash discount. in percentage i set the rate of discount and saved the configuration.

> Assign Charge and Discount Keys

In this i assigned my discount key and set item for considereing in final invoice amount.

> Define Item Selection for Determination of Base Amount for Charge/Discount

I defined my discount key with Blank field for Open item selection.

I put the break point in customized function module and i am running the bill for month of June2014.

and its not stopping in that function module.

Please suggest how i can stop the invoicing program in this function module .

Regards

ARun

0 Kudos

Arun:

Those configurations and events are applicable for convergent invoicing, not ISU invoicing processes.

regards,

bill.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Your valualbe input requires to achieve requirement raised by concerned users.

Regards

ARun

former_member199199
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

During invoicing process, you can check the last invoice and its clearing information.

If you validation is true, you want to post a credit document. So, correct me if I'm wrong, you requirement is as below:

IN1

PT1 (cleared within due date of IN1)

IN2 (new invoice)

CR1(credit posting during invoicing of IN2 based on clearing information of IN1)

So, I would suggest to enhance event R402 in this regard. There based on your validation you can create a new document line item and that would eventually be posted along with the invoice.

You can also allow that credit to be cleared with invoice debt amount during invoicing. To achieve that, you can maintain the Main/Sub of that credit document in below configurations.

SAP Utilities -> Invoicing -> Invoice Processing -> Item Selection in Invoicing -> Item Selection in Account Maintenance/ Define Sub-Items

Item selection for Invoicing Account Maintenance

Item selection for Bill Print out

In this case CR1 document would show as ACCMNT in doc overview of the print document of IN2.

This enhancement will post the credit document with reference (fkkop-xblnr) field populated as print document number of the invoice that will be posted that time.

Also, you can enhance event R471 so that you have the functionality of reversing the credit document when you reverse the new invoice IN2. There you can easily find out the credit document by comparing the XBLNR field of documents in DFKKOP/DFKKKO.

Hope this addresses your query.

Feel free to revert back if you have any clarification.

Thanks,

Bodhisattwa