cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports for Enterprise - Data source 'db2 v9' is not supported

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm using Crystal Reports for Enterprise and DB2 database.

However, there is a problem on setting the data source of my Crystal Report via SAP BusinessObjects BI platform connection. When I log on the server and create the relational connection to my database, the following error is shown:

The data source 'db2 v9' is not supported

Is there something wrong on the configuration?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

Since it works in CRE I moved your post to the BI Platform forum to help configure the BI Servers for DB2.

Don

0 Kudos

Hello,

as of CR4E 4.1 SP4 the least DB2 v9 Version supported is 9.5. 9.1 has been deprecated. On which exact Version are you? Which DB2 Client have you installed?

Regards

-Seb.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

The current version of CR4E: 14.1.1.1036 (Build: 2013 SP1) and BO BI platform: 4.1 SP1

For the DB2 client, I have tried to update to v10.5 and change the driver to "DB2 v10 for LUW" on IDT. However, when I select the relational connection again, the CR still prompts the following errors:

The data source 'DB2 10 for LUW' is not supported.

May I know that the BI SP1 supports the DB2 as data source?

Thanks.

Regards,

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes BI 4.1 SP1 supports DB2 and I use DB2 9.7 64-bit odbc drivers without any issue.

If you are creating DB2 driver connection directly in CRe, why do you have to update IDT drivers?

or are you trying to retrieve .unx objects?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

I would like to upload the Crystal Report to CMC, but CMC requires data source is created by SAP BO BI platform connection instead of DB2 driver connection directly in CRe.

For direct connection, I succeeded to connect the data source too, but it failed with the error mentioned when using the SAP BO BI platform connection.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andy,

Okay I tried as follows and succeeded,

-> First in server created system DSN in 64-bit ODBC datasource administrator using IBM DB2 ODBC - DB2 COPY1 driver

-> Created relational connection using IDT (cns) using above drivers and published to BI platform

-> In CRe log into BI server-> selected new datasource connection -> browse repository ->  select data source type (relational connection) -> select the above created connection-> drag-n drop required table/columns -> save it to BI platform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

Thank you for your advice.

May I know which middleware driver you chose for "IBM DB2 ODBC - DB2 COPY1 driver" in the list when you create the cns in IDT?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Generic ODBC datasource -> ODBC Drivers