Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro code generation fails

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I try to use ABAP in Eclipse with Web Dynpro. If I change an existing view and try to activate it, I get the following runtime error:

Category          ABAP Programming Error
Runtime Errors    INSERT_REPORT_LINE_TOO_LONG
Except.           CX_SY_WRITE_SRC_LINE_TOO_LONG
ABAP Program      SAPLWDY_WB_ACTIVATION_SERVICES

Application Component  BC-DWB-WD-ABA

Short Text: ABAP source code lines with length > 255 characters are not allowed.

I debugged the include LWDY_WB_ACTIVATION_SERVICESF01 and found out, that there is a problem with the attribute "length" of layout elements (in my case INPUT_FIELD). If I change the corresponding lines in the internal table, the include does not dump.

In line 272 of include LWDY_WB_ACTIVATION_SERVICESF01:

insert report l_incl_body from p_source_body program type 'I'.

If "length" has no value, the line in the internal table p_source_body looks like this:

length = `

Hitting delete to delete the any wrong characters (maybe non-displayable?) and adding the missing ` works.

If "length" has a value, the line shows:

length = `120`

which seems correct but also dumps. Switching to edit mode, moving to end of line and hitting "Delete" also works here.

Additional information:

The View is in a customer namespace, e.g. /ABC/

System is NW 7.40 SP05

I hope this is the correct location to report an error.

Kind regards,

Florian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Additional information:

The above mentioned solution with debugging and changing the problematic values does not really solve the problem. I had to delete all input fields, activate the view and readd them in SE80.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Additional information:

The above mentioned solution with debugging and changing the problematic values does not really solve the problem. I had to delete all input fields, activate the view and readd them in SE80.

0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

You could report this error by creating an OSS message/Bug in the CSS system.

Please provide all the information , system details and steps to reproduce the issue.

We also need the error log and controller/data information in order to investigate it further.

Thanks & Regards,

Pavitra

0 Kudos

Hi Pavitra,

could you please name me the correct component for the OSS ticket?

We currently upgrade to SP08, so I will test it again, before reporting via OSS.

Thanks & kind regards,

Florian

0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

Sure you can retest again in SP08 , but still the issue seems to be valid in SP05. Hence, it will be good for us if you could create OSS ticket under "BC-DWB-AIE-WDA" with required information before upgrade , so that we can fix the issues in SP05.

Thanks,

Vijayan B.

0 Kudos

Hi,

unfortunately my ticket is not processed yet.

But I found a note which seems to solve the problem: 1963702

It is included in SP07.

After upgrading to SP08 the problem is solved (at least for me).

Regards,

Florian