Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Year on Year Comparsion with Rolling Year in Planning Query

dheeraj_gupta
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a couple of KPIs in my planning queries which requires rolling years. Such as Weeks of Supply and Rolling Stock Turns.

For this reason I need to use 0FISPER as a time characteristics instead of 0FISPER3. (I can use 0FISCPER3 too it requires me writing fox formula to recalculate Weeks of Supply etc...)

However, when I use 0FISPER in the columns is not possible to for me to design a query where I can do year on year comparison on the same figure.

My desire is to have a query output like the one below but by using 0FISCPER

Keyfigures Jan FebMarApril
Sales Retail (Planning Year 2015)Show data for 001.2015 (input ready row)
Sales Retail (Actual Year 2014)Show data for 001.2014 (not input ready
Ending Stock (Planning Year 2015)Show data for 001.2015 (input ready row)
Ending Stock (Actual Year 2014)Show data for 001.2014 (not input ready)
Stock Turns

Regards,

Dheeraj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gerd_schoeffl
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Dheeraj,

You are right - when using 0FISCPER in the query you run into a problem. I assume that you have 0FISCYEAR in your model  - can you now use 0FISCPER AND 0FISCPER3? I would create the plan query on an aggregation level using 0FISCYEAR and 0FISCPER3. Put 0FISCPER3 in the columns (either drill down or in a structure) and the year in the rows (structure with restricted key figures). As 0FISCPER is not contained in the aggregation level it is derived automatically.

For the planning function I would use an aggregation level with 0FISCPER. The missing 0FISCYEAR and 0FISCPER3 will be derived automatically.

Would this solve your issue?    

Best regards,

Gerd

dheeraj_gupta
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Gerd,

The problem with 0FISCPER3 is that you cannot look over years. Key figures such as weeks of supply and stock turn require looking at future or past periods, which could require looking across fiscal years.

Just found out that with SP 7, we have a new functionality called current member..

Example Query for Using a CURRENT MEMBER Variable - Online Analytical Processor - SAP Library

Am exploring that right now to see if that can be used to solve my problem.

Regards

Dheeraj

Answers (0)