Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception while executing Custom BAdI

raghuvara_bhat
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

BPC Version - SAP BPC 7.5 NW.

I'm trying to create a custom data manager package to copy the data from one application to another. The level of data is different in source and target apps, which has been taken care of in the BAdI.

The data manager package is created in target app; hence, 'CT_DATA' is used to save the data from an internal table which contains source data.

The custom package is failing with below exception, please let me know what might be causing the exception.

An exception with the type CX_SY_DYN_CALL_ILLEGAL_TYPE occurred, but was neither handled locally, nor declared in a RAISING clause

Call of the method CONSTRUCTOR of the class CX_UJK_EXECUTION_EXCEPTION failed; wrong type for parameter DATAVALUE

Application: <<target app>> Package status: ERROR

Regards,

Raghu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

"please let me know what might be causing the exception" - definitely  incorrect badi code or incorrect badi call   But without badi code and script launching this badi it's not possible to answer!

By the way, what was the reason to write a badi instead of script logic?

Vadim

raghuvara_bhat
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

Yes, Script Logic could have been the better option. One of the reason this is not used is the different source and target dimension members, which user needs to select. Similar to the standard Copy package.

From performance point of view, which is the better option? Scripts or BAdIs?

~Raghu

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"One of the reason this is not used is the different source and target dimension members, which user needs to select." - absolutely not an issue!

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Where are you running this package?

This BADI should be ran from the destination application, and in your BADI you pull the data from the source application. then you won't face this issue.

Andy

raghuvara_bhat
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

Yes, the package is in target app and inside BAdI, I'm fetching data from source.

~Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

ok, when you debug which line short dumps?

Andy