Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between report and dashboard

former_member210032
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mates,

i want to know the difference between (Normal)reports and dashboard.

Note: i don't want difference between WEBI or Crystal report and dashboard.

i want to know what kind of thing we can do in dashboard but in normal report can't do ..........

so plzz help me......

Thank you

Mustafa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member211376
Participant
0 Kudos

There are some important few things that differentiate Reports and Dashboards:

1) Reports are a snapshot; Dashboards are dynamic

When you create a report, it will take whatever date ranges you want and show that data as a snapshot in time. This is similar to the PDF reports created in Report Wizard, where you can trust that these reports' data will remain the same no matter when you look at it. Dashboards, however, display data from the previous 30 days and updates automatically.

2) Reports are shareable; Dashboards are just for you

Reports can be published to an HTML document that can be emailed, printed or saved as a file itself. Dashboards, however, are only available in your Raven account. You aren't able to share these Dashboards outside of Raven.

3) Reports are singular; Dashboards are exclusive

When you make edits to a report, that report will change for everyone with access to that report. Dashboards are unique to each user on your account — making changes to your Dashboard will not affect the Dashboard of another user on your account. This means you can pick the KPIs, graphs and tables that are most important to you, without needing to worry about your client or co-workers seeing it.

Regards,

Ganesh

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dashboard is used to view the summarized information in the pictorial representation for the higher level people like CEO,CFO or Analyst who basically need to spend to much time on investigating where the KPI's are lagging and where its leading. Reports are purely meant for detailed reporting where it can vary from basic reporting slicing and dicing to Ad-hoc reporting. Personally the one features which leads from the front for the dashboard is what if analysis, where you can get the result or prediction based on the logic instantly.

arijit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dashboard is for creating rich visualizations. Any dashboard designing tool offers a library of rich analytic components to represent the data in attractive format. Keep in mind that dashboard is for high level data analysis. When you have to deal with relatively large volume of data, you need to go for reports (WebI, Advanced Analysis etc).

For details: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d00ae0a1-8086-2d10-118c-f35b8e604...