cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NW Folder Management with SAP Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am currently working in a public sector project and one of our requirements is to integrate SRM (Supplier Relationship Management) to Folders Management. Besides that integration we will also use Folders Management to attend other requirements from other modules.

Almost all end users will have access only to SAP Portal applications so, in face of that scenario I would like to know what are the possibilities to integrate Folders Management with SAP Portal.

I found some older documentation about a BSP application however I have found some new Web Dynpro Components for Folders Management. Can anyone share some info or explain to me the option to make Folders Management available in SAP Portal? What would be the best approach to implement folders management in the scenario explained above?

Thanks,

Leandro

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Pragya_Pande
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Leandro,

I expect you have found out that SRM already has an integration with NW Folder Mgt. You need to complete the IMG for the same to make use of it. Unfortunately, there are no GA functionalities of NW Folder Mgt in browser.Some Webdynpros available are for the HCM personnel file scenario and are to be used only in that scenario(usage in anyother scenario is not supported). You can make use of SAPGUI iview in portal to integrate the SAPGUI screens of NW Folder Mgt in portal.  Or you can plan on bulding own Webdynpro screens and use APIs of NW FM for the business logic.

Best Regards,

Pragya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pragya Pande,

Thanks for answering. I read your posts and articles and they are being very helpfull so far.

I have already configured the scenario however I still have some problems to call RM from SRM. I still do not have EP running so meanwhile I am using Business Client. The tcode RM_START is called and I got an empty view. Maybe I missed some configurations steps.

The SAP document for BIT640 training tells that we can use WebDAV to integrate with portal. Is there any info about what can be done using WebDav?

I asked about SAP Portal integration because of the symptoms describe SAP Note 1331149. It's under Procurement for Public Services component and it seems to have some Web Dynpro UI for RM. Here is the sap note transcript : 

Symptom

For the navigation from SRM to Records Management a scenario where a Web Dynpro UI is used for Records Management is not supported: When selecting the "Got To RM" button the SAP GUI is used by default

Reason and Prerequisites

The functionality was missing

Solution

Please implement the attached solution.

The URL for the Web Dynpro application has to be mainatined in table pssrm_userpath with pcuser = 'RM_WD_UR

I will appreciate if you could share some more info about this.

Thanks in advance,

Leandro

Pragya_Pande
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Leandro,

WebDAV integration is for the scenarios where you want to integrate either objects from different repository(WebDAV server) into NWFM(WebDAV client) or NWFM objects from NWFM(WebDAV server) to work with in a different application screen(WebDAV client) which is not on SAPGUI. The functionality follows the WebDAV protocol so its basic stuff of reading attributes, posting data etc that can be done. Any specific activities created for NWFM screens will not be available for use.

SAP Note 1331149 - this functionality is mistakenly available. I will communicate with the SRM colleague and request them to put in the related note which talks about limited support for WebDynpro NWFM. The Webdynpro record works mostly but as I said, it was created for HCM personnel file so any issues/bugs in those scenarios will be corrected. However, any issues found during any usage for any other non-HCM scenario will not be supported for correction.

Best Regards,

Pragya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Pragya Pande!

Answers (0)