cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to force activation in NWDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I am encountering some trouble with nwdi without any solution.

We are using nwdi in cm services mode.

I would like to import a transport request, but this one finished with RC12 :

Error: while trying to invoke the method java.util.Set.contains(java.lang.Object) of an object loaded from local variable 'deletion  DCs'

End deployment (2014-10-17 14:22:01.0702 +2:00)

while trying to invoke the method java.util.Set.contains(java.lang.Object) of an object loaded from local variable 'deletionDCs'

Error stack trace

java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method java.util.Set.contains(java.lang.Object) of an object loaded from

local variable 'deletionDCs'

com.sap.di.cts.imp.service.beans.core.communicator.CBSComm.importRequest(CBSComm.java:396)

com.sap.di.cts.imp.service.beans.core.BuildServerImport.process(BuildServerImport.java:217)

com.sap.di.cts.imp.service.beans.core.DIImportServiceBean._performImport(DIImportServiceBean.java:345)

com.sap.di.cts.imp.service.beans.core.DIImportServiceBean.performImport(DIImportServiceBean.java:86)

sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

When I check in the CBS what happens, I can see a request in waiting status.

I also check in the DTR, the application are there but inactive.

All DC's are OK (not brocken).

I have restart NWDI and the request target, but still the same situation.

How could I force the activation or handle this error ?

Thank for help,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jean,

Did you check if your/developer activity deployment is in still TCS/Deployer

http://host:port/TCS/Deployer  and see if any of your track is still in progress of deployment.

--second option would be, If you are an Admin, try to log into the NWDS and there is an option of view all users activities, and you can forcibly activate the activity and release from the developers NWDS.

Let us know how it goes and still an issue then send us error screenshot for better understanding.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank, this was very useful !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jean,

please mark the correct answer from the above replies as correct answer, for other developers facing the same issue.

regards,

Ahmed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jean,

you might need first to disable the auto activation with check-in from NWDS. to do that, please go to Window --> Preferences

under development infrastructure go to component build server, and select Never for Start Activation after Check-in

To Force activate an activity from CBS

From CBS, select Activities, Select the buildspace, and the software component.

go to the tab "Pending Activities"

Click the search button, then select from the list the acivity you want to activate.

click the button "Activate even if build fails"

after few second, the acivity will be activated, and you should be able to proceed with releasing it

hope this would resolve your issue.

regards,

Ahmed

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jean ,

force activation can be done by using option advance activation where you can select to activate even if build fails , in activation wizard.

can you look into cbs log and build log , like when activation fails , you can see the log which gives complete detail try to solve those issues which is far better and i would suggest you to do that  rather then force activation.