cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting Employees after Live payroll run

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a query. We hired few future dated employees on 09.10.2014 with joining date as 15.10.2014 (Same day as Live payroll run). However, these employees didn't joined. We just ran the live payroll (No Pre-DME or FPS generated yet (UK payroll)). Can you please help me with pros and Cons of below solutions:

1. If I clean the IT0003 data record in Production and try to delete the record, I am getting error as "PERNR is already accounted for payroll."

Query: How good is to delete a record in Production system from Audit perspective.

2. If I run the payroll(live) again and  exclude the employees in payroll Driver and later terminate the employees(on 16.10.2014) from System.

Query: a) Will there be any implications of running payroll twice (as there are other employees for whom Payroll  had already run correctly ). b) Since the employees are there in system for 1 day (hiring -15.10.2014  and Termination: 16.10.2014) they might get reported to HMRC as the new joiners get reported under RTI..

Please advice.

TIA..

Regards

Mohinder.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First thing to consider is wether Payroll Checks were issued (or Bank Transfer was done). 

If it was, re-executing Payroll Calculation for the same period for an employee (or all employees) could generate a claim or a second payment if there was a change in Master Data.

If it was not, then you should be able to delete the Payroll Cluster Results of the "No Show" employees using t-code pu01, delete their Time Evaluation Cluster Results using program RPUP2D10, and then delete the employees.

Note that you can execute Payroll Calculation many times as long as the Payroll Checks or Bank Transfers are not generated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Remi,

How about a Pre-Hire Action for Future dated employees with a Customer Employment Status in IT0000 - Actions and on Date of Hire if No show then run action , so that no Valid pernr is created and no hassles from audit perspective.

Regards,

Rohit.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit, on date of Hire , if no show u mean Termination action??

My scenario was, Emp's hiring date was 15.10.2014 and the live run also ran on 15.10.2014.. so by evening when they knew the emp is NO SHOW, the live run had already been done...

Regards

Mohinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Remi,

In Note , you adviced, payroll can be run any number of times, If there is no  change.. Just to re-confirm you mean LIVE PAYROLL run....If yes,

1.is there any way to keep tab how many times the live payroll has been repeated...

2. Why do we do simulation run then (Only reason I can see , is simulation can be done w/o releasing payroll area).

Regards

MOhinder

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should open a new discussion with an appropriate header instead of asking more questions through original thread.

Your Basis resource should be able to tell you if there is a way to know who executed the Payroll Calculation program and when, but the Payroll Results Cluster only lists the last user (with time and date), and the same is valid for the Time Evaluation Results Cluster.  After executing Payroll Calculation for the whole Payroll Accounting Area, only the "Match Code W" employees should be re-executed (employees in the error list)

Simulations are very useful when testing the impact of changes (in configuration or in Master Data), but such simulation is usually done one employee at a time (possibly with the "Display log" box checked).  Executing Payroll Simulation for a whole Payroll accounting Area would be useful only to identify errors (or possibly missing IT0006-IT0009).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Remi for all your help,

Will take care of opening new Discussions.

Kr.

Mohinder

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Champs .. Issue resolved.  Just want for my knowledge.. How good the  practice of deleting the payroll results and deleting the Personnel Numbers in Production system....

Thanks Again

Moh

Former Member
0 Kudos

obviously this is something you should avaid, but it may not always be feasible.

As long as no payment, posting or government reporting has been done, it's ok.

What I always recommend:

If thsi happens, create a little record for the auditors should they ever ask.Document briefly why it had happened and that no payments etc have been made. Have it signed by 2 people, scan it and keep it in an appropriate file.

As an auditor, this would be something I'd personally be interested - as they might have been used as avehicle to make illegal payments and deleted afterwards. So, proper documentation can't hurt.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the period is still open and no follow up activities completed, you should be able to delete current payroll for those individuals in Transaction PU01.