cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EHP7 Upgrade stuck with GRC Plugin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are currently perfoming a EHP7 upgrade from ECC6 ehp5 SP06. In the configuration Phase we are facing the conflict with GRCPINW, the

SUM is unable to keep the current version and proceed with the upgrade.The GRC Plugin(GRCPINW V1000_700 0012) is there in ECC6 EHP5 Server.We forgot to select the GRC addon While generating stack.xml for EHP7.

Kindly refer to the attached Screenshots for details and help us proceed with the appropriate option.Please help.

Regards

Maruthi v

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

As you have not included the Add-on in the stack file now the SUM tool is prompting to take a decision and this is expected.

1430476 - Addon Handling, additional information

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RB,

You are saying correct. i have not included the Add-on while generating stack.xml for EHP7 upgradation from EHP5.The GRC Plugin(GRCPINW V1000_700 0012) is there in ECC6 EHP5 Server.Now SUM is asking decision about GRC Addon. Is there any possibility to add GRC addon(NetWeaver 7.4 GRC addon) and patches in the middile of the upgrade(Configuration Phase-Bind patch).If its possible how to proceed to next step.

Regards

Maruthi

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Maruthi,

If I were you I would recreate the stack file with the Add-on and start the EHP7 update from scratch with a newly extracted SUM. You are just in the "Configuration" phase so you can easily do this. If this is a sandbox system you may select the options provided (preferably 1 or 2) and see how the upgrade goes. I believe the option 2 (Keep the add-on) will prompt for a vendor key.

Regards

RB

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

hugo_amo
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Maruthi,

Use the GRCPINW V1000_731.
Installation note is: 1731987

1731987 GRCPINW V1000_731 Install/Delta Upg on SAP_BASIS 731

https://css.wdf.sap.corp/sap/support/notes/1731987

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Hugo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hugo,

Thanks for prompt response.

Now i am in the middle of the upgrade.Want to know how to proceed with SUM tool.

Can you explain briefly.

Regards

Maruthi