Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post depreciation only on non leading ledger

rpinrodrigues
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I am working on a project where the company wants to post depreciation values only on depr. area 30 (non leading ledger - 1L), instead of depr. area 01 (leading ledger 0L).

Is there a way to achive that, in order to prepare the system to book amounts only into depr. area 30?

I am thinking about creating a new asset class and not flag depr. area 01 for that, but I don't know exactly if it would work properly and if extra configuration would be needed.

In case some of you have faced a problem like that, could you kindly help me telling me if that is possible through customizing and how could we achieve that.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Rafael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Bohdan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rafael,

I think the following two links might help you:

In fact, you need to create a special operation type for assets that will post only to a specific depreciation area. You have to check the options under: SPRO -> Financial Accounting (new) -> Asset Accounting -> Transactions -> Acquisitions.

Best Regards,

The Wirtschaftsmann

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member190652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rafael,

Assign nil depreciation key of 0000 for leading depreciation area for instance and assign proper depreciation key to your other depreciation area which posts to non-leading ledger 1L.  I believe you might have already assigned the other depreciation area to non-leading ledger in the transaction OADB.

Then your leading depreciation area 0L will not calculate any depreciation and hence no posting to leading ledger 0L.  But other depreciation area will calculate the depreciation as per your depreciation key settings and will post to non-leading ledger 1L.

Check if this type of set up helps to satisfy your requirements.

Regards,

Sridhar