cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate Element IDs when Exporting and Importing XMLs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am currently doing a test for exporting an application as an XML and importing it to another ECC system. I understand that the IDs for any BRFPlus Object like Functions or Elements is unique within that system and it is always generated by BRFPlus itself to avoid inconsistencies.

Should I be worried by a scenario where you export an Application and some of the elements IDs in the target system are in use (another rule was created there for example), resulting in error on the import? or this is somehow prevented?

Regards,

Luis M.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ttrapp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Luis Martinez wrote:

I am currently doing a test for exporting an application as an XML and importing it to another ECC system. I understand that the IDs for any BRFPlus Object like Functions or Elements is unique within that system and it is always generated by BRFPlus itself to avoid inconsistencies.

This is true.

Should I be worried by a scenario where you export an Application and some of the elements IDs in the target system are in use (another rule was created there for example), resulting in error on the import? or this is somehow prevented?

Here XML Import behaves exactly like a transport. If you transport and object multiple times it will replace be a newer Version and so will be corrected. And this is exactly what you want and expect.

But an Import error (warnings are not so problematic) is always a reason to worry and the same is true for transportation errors. You should definitely analyse the error.

Best Regards,

Tobias