cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TAXUSJ : Changing tax amount in FB60.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am trying to change the tax amount in FB60 (the tax has to deviate slightly from the percentage defined in the tax code : 5% instead of 6,75%). I do this in the tab 'tax' of FB60 and have desactivated the 'calculate tax indicator'. I use the TAXUSJ procedure and a tax code for self-assessment : I have 6,75 + jurisdiction code in front of NVV and -100 + jurisdiction code in front of MW1. That works fine when we fo 'calculate tax' and respect the 6,75%percentage but not when we change the tax amount manually. We get error FF707

"Tax entered incorrect (code U2, amount         50,00),correct          0,00 USD".

Can anybody help ? I am wondering if my tax code is well defined.

Thanks for your help !

José Beghein

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kamalkumar_biswas2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to condition type and check under "Changes which can be made"  check box: Manual entry where you have keep it as per your requirement..  in your case should allow manual entry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamal,

That does not help. As this is a case of self-assessment, the system normally debits 6,75% of the base amounts and credits 100% of the result to the tax account. When I try to enter directly an amount (5$ for example for a base of 100) and try to enter the credit indicator, the system continues to consider the amount as debit.

In the meantime, I found the solution at AR side : I can just post directly on the tax account and have a button to enter the base amount. When I try to do the same in the case of self-assessment at AP side, the system does not accept and tells me that the 'tax code may only contain one assignment line'. So it looks that the manual entry of tax amounts is hardly compatible with a 2-lines based tax processing.

But how to proceed then ? I also tried to create a tax code where I directly enter the percentage on the JP1U condition (with the hope to have only one assignment line) but as JP1U is based on JP1I, the system wants me to enter both.

Any further idea on how to adjust manually the tax amount in case of self-assessment ?

Thanks.

José Beghein

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SCN members,

Found 'a' solution in the meantime : I have now created a specific tax code for AP self-assessment where the account is on JP1E ('expensed'). With a direct posting to the tax account with this tax code, it works fine.

If you ever have the same problem, enjoy the above explanation !

Kind regards.

José Beghein

Answers (0)