cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Launchpad not working to Hide Index and Map tabs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am having an issue in the portal where my custom launchpad is not visible in the portal. The requirement is to hide the tabs MAP and INDEX. Shown below are the steps that i have followed.

1. Functional Consultant ha created a new role ZESS.

2. Z Copied the confguration ZHRESS_AC_MENU

3. Z copied the configurtion ZHRESS_CC_MENU_OVP

4. Z copied the configuration ZHRESS_CC_MENU_AREA_GROUP.

I have assigned ZHRESS_CC_MENU_AREA_GROUP to ZHRESS_CC_MENU_OVP and ZHRESS_CC_MENU_OVP to ZHRESS_AC_MENU. I replaced the standard role ESS with the custom role ZESS. I changed the option for MAP and INDEX to Invisible and made only Directory visible. In the preview mode the i can see that INDEX and MAP becoming  invisible but when i login to the portal the changes are not reflected. I can still see the tabs index and MAP.  What am I missing ??Your help is greatly appreciated.

As you can see below the preview shows correctly.

Portal View still has tabs.

Thanks,

Vishnu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

check below :-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jwala,

Thanks!! i did the same steps. I can see the changes in Preview mode. They are not getting reflected in the portal.

Thanks,

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

ur custom launchpad should point to this HRESS_CC_MENU_AREA_GROUP .....do not make this Z copy of HRESS_CC_MENU_AREA_GROUP  this . make ur custom laucnhpad pointing to HRESS_CC_MENU_AREA_GROUP from SE80  only and try once again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok do i have to modify the Standard configuration "HRESS_CC_MENU_AREA_GROUP" and assign the ZESS role  directly?.

Thanks,

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

s...assign ur Z launchpad to HRESS_CC_MENU_AREA_GROUP this .........but not to ZHRESS_CC_MENU_AREA_GROUP....and check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

Try to implement this note .. it may help you

SAP Note : 0001982139

also try to customize the PFCG personalization as below