cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sybase Replication Server Licensing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I'm planning to setup Sybase Replication Server into existing system (SAP ERP Production / ASE15.7 122). Now i just finished installing Sybase ASE(same version) & Sybase Replication on a same node (standalone)

Questions:

When installing Sybase ASE & Sybase Replication, It's asking about license keys (i chose continue w/o license keys).

Is it acceptable to run Sybase Replication without license keys? if no where can i get them?

Is it correct that Sysbase Replication is free for 1to1 warm-standby setup?

Kindly advise. Thanks.

R,

AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How did you install the Replication Server?

In combination with the SAP Business Suite you need to use the SAP installer sapinst. If you do this then the Replication Server licenses will automatically be installed and with the Business Suite it's also free of charge.

Judging by the fact that you were asked for a licenses I assume you did it manually? In that case we would not support the setup.

Please have a look at SAP Note

2045365 - SYB DR - Where to find documentation about Disaster Recovery Setup with SAP Replication Server

Regards,

Joachim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joachim,

i think i see my problem, you are rite i did it manually (./setup.bin).

As for the standby database(secondary node), should i do full installation of SAP Business Suite (ERP+Sybase ASE). becoz manually install Sybase ASE requires to enter license keys as well.

R,

AM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

on the standby site you only need to install an empty ASE database using the system copy option in sapinst. Here is an example for a 7.40 installation:

SAP Netweaver 7.4 Support Release 1 -> SAP ASE -> System Copy -> Target System -> Distributed System -> Based on AS ABAP -> Database Instance

In the end you will have one SAP ERP system which always automatically connects to the ASE database which is classified as the primary database.

Regards,

Joachim

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi syed,

Thanks for your reply.But Here we are trying to install Replication server in  In-house servers.so,is there any alternative solution for free temporary license for Rep server.

Thanks

K.Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello sandeep,

If u install temporary sup server but i will work ofr only 30 days without lisecns and in that also u will not able to see some informatione with licenses. do u have server market place s-users id. if yes then u can apply for licsence and get it and install ur sup.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Syed,

Thanks for your reply.

if you please check this below thread.when i am installing i  am getting this error.

Regard

K.sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear sandeep,

Try to used latest sup dump and try it.

i hope ur useing windows server .and have u install relay server for replication. is ur relay server is working fine and have u created application pool and all for sup.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi syed,

Here my SYSTEM DETAILS

sybase 15.7.0.122

replication server 15.7.0.121

suse linux 11 SP2

SWPM sp06

Regards

K.sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

U need to purchace it from service market place by providing the following information.

THks and regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to purchase rep server

Contact me for for more info

Allan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Allan Roeder,

This is sandeep. am unable to reach your number..may i know how to purchase Replication Server license.

When am installing Replication Server on standalone system i got error like unable to set up replication sever..

Regards

K.Sandeep

ksandeep.basis@gmail.com