Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg: availability check in MTO scenario

former_member184571
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear experts ,

we are working on MTO scenario (Strategy group 25) .

I am facing some issue regarding availability check at sales order level. We have a final product-x which has in-house production time has 5

days. I wanted to know ,how this influences availability at sales order level..?

Ex: If we are  creating a sales order today  for 1 quantity system is proposing me an confirm deliver date as 25.10.2014 .

Even if i create sales order for 10 quantities ,system is showing same confirm deliver date as 25.10.2014.

For 1 quantity and for even quantity 10 quantity system is showing same date.

Could you please correct me , if i am testing wrong or which necessary configuration needs to be maintained.

On what basis system is proposing confirm delivery date in sales order..? Do maintaining  RLT is mandatory in MTO kind of scenario.?

Regards,

Daya..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daya,

Actually the ATP check in SAP does not inculde the formula's or calculations to find the capacity requirements(Required days to produce the given quantity) for the demands. Because, these capacity requirements formula's are used in work center and inturn the work center is used in operations of routings. In routings operations, the required time to produce the base quantity is defined. So system(While running MRP with lead tim scheduling) uses these times and calculates the capacity requirement based on the formula's in work center.

So, all these informations are not linked to ATP anywhere either in configuration or in master data. Hence ATP in SAP ECC just gives an approximate time line using the no.of days mentioned in the material master in "Planned delivery time, GR processing time, Replenishment lead time" irrespective of the demand quqntity. These days in material master is no where concern to the demand or requirement quantity and also there is no formulas in place as well for ATP to calculate the capacity requirement (Like for ex, 2 days is required for 1 Pc then 20 days is required for 10 Pc).

Ideally, if this is calculation is required, then probably you can switch to SCM - APO - GATP component or find a BAdI or User Exit or enhancement point and use the MRP lead time logic to find the exact required lead time for the given quantity.

If you have check the "Check without RLT" in config, then system confirms all the demand quantity, consider there lead time as zero.

Presently, I do not know any BAdI or exit, probably you can refer the below SCN thread or check with any other team members of this community to refer the suitable BAdI or Exit

Regards,

Chinna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daya,

Do you require anything more from the community, if not you can clode the thread.

Regards,

Chinna

former_member184571
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi DB/Chinnaveer ,

Thank you for the reply.

So irrespective of the order quantity will system propose the same confirmed deliver date during

sales order creation.?

Regards,

Daya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daya,

Yes as stated in the previous post above, in statndard SAP ECC system , irrespective of order quantity, system will propose the same date for 1 unit as well as 1000 units based on the no.of days defined in the material master. Because at this point of time system does not have the visibility or integration to calculate the required capacity or time for the order quantity.

Regards,

Chinna

former_member184571
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you chinnaveer/DB49

I am closing this thread.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daya,

The answer depends upon how you have configured your Availability check.  OVZ9.

If you have left unselected the checkbox "Check without RLT", then the system can use Lead time to calculate availability.  In general, for manufactured materials (not externally procured) the system will by default use "Total Replenishment Lead time" in the material master to generate confirmations for the situation when there are inadequate supply elements to confirm the order.  If the TRLT field has not been maintained, then the system will use the sum of inhouse production time and goods receipt processing time to confirm.  For more info see F1 help under "Total Replenishment Lead Time".

Best Regards,

DB49