Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IW28/IW29 excel download issue

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am downloading the list of notification via IW28 / IW29 by clicking the spreadsheet icon.

In IW29 screen, i am getting the Field Description "Description of Technical Object" (Equipment description) but after downloading into Excel i am getting as "Description".

This is common for Description of Functional Location also.

On analysing still, there seems to be character length issue, restricted to 12-13 characters.

Is there any OSS note or any settings to make this available.

Regards

Terence

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Ayoub_Habchi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Terence,

If you use the menu List->Save->File then select Spreadsheet, the exported file has the full description.

I am not sure if there is a specific OSS note that solves the online excel export, but you can try to upgrade your SAPGUI to the latest version, since there were quite many enhancements to ALV functions.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Ayoub.

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ayoub,

Thanks for the reply.

We have identified the alternate way to obtain the list, so we have provided this as a work around, but customer is very much interested to click the icon, since they dont want to save the file, they can print from the system directly.

Currently we are using release 740, Sp-Level 0003

I have searched the OSS notes, couldn't got any thing relevant, so wanted to check with SCN, whether any one has this.

I feel all the users who try to download will have this impact, may be they have a alternate way so this was not highlighted.

Additionally i have checked with Basis Team, so there is no option from them, I guess this requires Technical effort.

Regards

Terence

Ayoub_Habchi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Terence,

There is actually a workaround to have excel directly from SAP without saving and with full  description. All you need to do is to select all and right click on the ALV then select Spreadsheet.

I made a small demo here : Export full column description in Excel - YouTube

This way, user will not need to save the file locally.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Ayoub.