cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW TO HIGHLIGHT FIELDS IN SAP MDG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please some help me out and tell me the process to highlight the saved and unsaved fields in sap mdg.

Thanks & Regards,

Pratyush Rath.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

Regarding to highlighted fields, does anyone know if is it achievable to highlight fields when there is an error? since you can not navigate from the error log straight to the error, is there any way to highlight the error so the user does not spend a lot of time searching for the field?

Thank you,

Javi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sadly that is not possible in that comprehensive manner as you describe it. We have had this as a feature request w/ SAP development for years.

There are at least 2 restrictions here:

• The Change Request UI is a BOL object, and the current WebClient UI Framework does not seem to support the linkage as a whole (despite that FPM does)
  • Navigation to a Sub Page from the error message is not supported by FPM. This would also have to update the lead selection on the main page, so that the Sub Page shows the correct data

You normally get the linkage only:

• For WDA errors (e.g. entering a string into a number field, entering an invalid date, ...)
  • In MDG-M, for some messages from ERP backend. This is accomplished by writing the error log directly from the application. Linkage also only works if error field is visible on current screen.
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

thank you for your replay.

but how does the hyper-link know that it has to navigate to the error field?

if i am raising an error in the badi for validation ( either custom field or standard field ) how do i link the error to the field itself?

thank you,

Javi

Former Member
0 Kudos

The error message linking is a feature of . Basically the UIBB (or the feeder class of a GUIBB) provide the message and field name(s) the message is connected to. The WebDynpro runtime then does the rest.

For the check BAdi, this facility is exposed in IF_EX_USMD_RULE_SERVICE~CHECK_ENTITY( ) via the structure of the return message table ET_MESSAGE:

• The MSGxxx fields take the parameters of a standard T100 message (like message class, number, ...)
  • FIELDNAME contains the name of the field to highlight
  • The mapping should then be done by the MDG framework, mapping Entity (IV_ENTITY) + FIELDNAME to the UIBB(s) where the field is visible

Only problem is it does not work, at least not in my tests with MDG-Mv7SP03.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Jurgen, thanks for your comments. I'll test it and let you know.

Javi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

how is the mapping done by the mdg framework? do i need to do anything here or is it automatically done by the system?

Thank you,

Javi

Former Member
0 Kudos

The framework would know the mapping automagically, as it can map entity to UIBB. Your error message from the BAdi would then contain the fieldname. This information is all that FPM / WDA needs to do the linking between message and field.

But as I have written, in my tests this never worked and when I was debugging this a bit, it seemed like the BOL / WebClient UI layers (on which the CR is built) cannot handle this in the current release.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pratyush

Change request types adapted for highlight changes

To use the feature Highlight Changes from the business function Master Data Governance, Generic Functions 7.0 Feature Pack the business function Master Data Governance for Supplier 7.0 Feature Pack provides the BC sets CA-MDG-APP-SUP_VC_USMD110_C05 and CA-MDG-APP-VL_VC_USMD110_C04 that contain the required change request types.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

I have activated both the bc sets but still it is not showing highlight color in saved changes and unsaved changes.So is there any other process to achive colors in fields in MDG.

Thanks & Regards,

Pratyush.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pratyush

Please refer Highlight Changes - SAP Master Data Governance - SAP   and reconfirm settings

raghu3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pratyush,

You also have to enable Highlight changes check box in the following customizing activity.

Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghuram,

Could u plz tell me what should be the Chage request type and USMD_OVP_GEN is required to fill in UI application name.

Thanks,

Pratyush.

raghu3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Pratyush,

You have to specify the CR type and screens in which you want the highlighting. I couldn't give them as I do not know for which CR type and screens you want the highlighting.

Regards,

Raghu

former_member188878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pratyush,

Based on the data model you are using you can add or remove the UI eg. for Material Master youn have to give the below UI

• MAT01
    • Entity type: MATERIAL, DRADBASIC, MATCHGMNG
    • UI Config: MDG_MM_APP_BS_MAT_GEN (Only relevant for Enhancement Package 5)
    • Msg. Output: W Issue Error Messages as Warnings
    • Business Activity: Create Material (MAT1)
    • Service Level Agreement for Change Request Types: <leave empty>\

CUST2P1:
  • Entity types:
    • ADDRNO: Msg. Output = Standard
    • BP_HEADER: Msg. Output = Standard
    • BP_REL: Msg.Output = Standard
  • Business Activity: CUP2

refer to the Configu. CR settings in Configuration.

regards

shankar