Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xcelsius Install

former_member340306
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am installing Xcelsius4.1 SP4 (edge package) , on the initial screen where it checks the pre- req it is showing that the flash player 11 or higher as "Fail". I have installed the Adobe flash player plugin version 13 which is compatible with Xcelisus 4.1. i un-installed adobe flash and reinstalled and rebooted but it still fails. Do i need anything else besides adobe flash plugin so that Xcelisus can recognize ??

Thanks,

Sheikh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sheikh,

Did you install the Flash plugin using IE 9.x or higher.  Double-check that Flash works properly using IE, the per-requisite checks the tight integration of IE to the OS.

Validate to make sure Flash is installed properly, see link below.  Make sure to double-check using IE.

Flash Player Help

Regards,

Ajay

former_member340306
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Ajay,

i have IE and chrome, it seems like chrome has a built in flash player because i can open the flash check link using chrome but IE is not even displaying the above listed page. i have IE10 by the way

Sheikh

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sheikh,

You MUST set IE as your default browser during the install.  You also need to launch the below link using IE to install the Flash properly

Adobe - Install Adobe Flash Player

Go to IE > TOOLS > OPTIONS to make IE has been set as default, see below

Regards,

Ajay

former_member340306
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Ajay,

I set it as default and also enabled the setting Active scripting setting to Enable. One thing i noticed that when i am in "manage Add on " for IE i dont see the entry for "Shockwave Flash Object " ?? but when i check the programs installed on my machine i do see "adobe flash 13 plugin". what is that Shcokwave Flash object ???

Sheikh

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sheikh,

Shockwave is NOT needed for the install, you only need standard Flash for Dashboard.  Shockwave is more used by gaming software.  Check the Adobe or search on Google for differences.

Ajay

PS:  If the information provided helped you resolve your issue please mark the blog properly.

former_member340306
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Ajay,

I was just curious about shockwave, but i made the recommened chnages from the link you provided and it Xcelisus pre-req for flash still failed. now i uninstalled the flash player plug in installed on the machine and tried to reinstall the latest one using IE and it says the the IE has a built in lastest version of flash installed ! now if thats the case why is not picking up for Xcelisus install ? Any ideas?

Sheikh

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sheikh,

Does Flash validate properly using IE, see link below?

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html

Also have you re-booted you system to clean up your changes.

What version of IE are your running?  You need to be running IE 9.x or higher.

What is your operating system?

Regards,

Ajay

former_member340306
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Following is the answer to your questions:

Does Flash validate properly using IE, see link below?

Following message appears when i test that :

Flash Player is integrated with Internet Explorer in Windows 8.  You do not need to install Flash Player.

Also have you re-booted you system to clean up your changes. --Yes

What version of IE are your running?  IE 10

What is your operating system? Windows Server 2008

Note: IE is not letting me install flash but it says it already has the latest version ---

Sheikh

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sheikh,

You state the Operating system is Windows Server 2008 but earlier in the message you mention Windows8, what is the correct version ?

You should have no problem installing Dashboard on Windows Server 2008 RC2 64bit, again as long as the Flash has been installed properly.

Windows8 should work but DOES NOT support the Platform products, see below

Ajay

former_member340306
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ajay,

Sorry i mis-quoted i am using windows addition: widows server 2012 not 2008 (control panel -->systems). But when i do the test for flash it says my operating system is windows 8. I am confused !

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sheikh,

Look like you Operating System is corrupted because you are getting TWO different versions.

You need to fix your OS before going any further.

Ajay

former_member340306
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Ajay,

I am checking to see why that's happening and i didnt realize it until you pointed it out. Like i mentioned before its my personal server and i actually have a slightly different question regarding it.

I have opened up some inbound ports such as 8080 and 6400 for my server, and anyone can access my BI launchpad provided they have the IP and creds and thats working fine. If i have just client tools on another machine and want the client tools to connect to my server how do i do that?

Do i need to make host file entries ?

Sheikh

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sheikh,

Access the BI4 suite of tools via web based using BI LaunchPad is not a problem by opening only port:8080 but accessing the client tools is NOT that easy.   You need make major changes to all server port settings from dynamic to static.  The client tools needs a range of ports starting from 6400, see link below to Admin Guide for more details.

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/sbo41/en/sbo41sp4_bip_admin_en.pdf

Regards,

Ajay

former_member340306
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Ajay:

I was referring to the following blog to open up the ports. Do you think the below listed process summary  is correct, plus i have multiple adaptive processing servers, in the lapst step of the post it mentioend to open up APS port but i have multiple , do i have to assign ports to all or just the Apative APS Core service?

http://www.clariba.com/blog/how-to-install-sap-businessobjects-bi-4-0-behind-a-firewall/

Sheikh

former_member340306
Participant
0 Kudos

I opened the range of ports from 6400 to 6410 and manually assigned each APS a port alog with input and out file file repository and CMS and i can conenct the client tools using the CMS name.

If i have to use a IP of the server to connect rather than the CMS name , do i have to assign a IP in each of these server properties or just the APS server properties?

Sheikh

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sheikh,

You need to assign IP address to each physical server.  If you only have ONE server you DO NOT need to assign IP address.  The port assignments is all you need to get the clients to connect. Also make sure the BOBJ server is using an assigned IP address at the Server level and DOES NOT USE DHCP.

Another reason you may need to assign IP address is if you have serve with multiple NIC cards and want to control IP address the users connect through.

Regards,

Ajay

former_member340306
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

just so i understand you correctly and communicate correctly also (unlike last time )

I assigned the ports and opened the ports on the server level, i can conenct the client tools using the CMS name when i am on the server.

But if i want to access the server using IP i need to assign the server IP to each server on the SIA.

because right now e.g. i can conenct to BI launch using the url with <IP:8080>/BOE/BI, but if i assign the IP to each physical server under SIA i will be able to use that IP for client tools on the server and also other client machine. (server is using a assigned IP though)

Do i need to put the IP in the host file of the client machine also though so my client tools could conenct to this server??

Sheikh

Answers (0)