Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beginner learning SAP HR wanting to know job market

Former Member
0 Kudos

Need Help I am new to this field learning SAP HR in the last phase..what kind of job opening are available for fresher..i am having 5 yrs of core experience..i want to make my career as SAP HR consultant

Message was edited by: Colleen Lee - changed the title to something more meaningful. Having your name as you title doesn't really improve search results for everyone else.

6 REPLIES 6

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Shaheen

Please provide some more details, including what sort of HR experience do you have (is it system experience or what?), which country are you located in and what are you studying?

Job openings for freshers are few and far between. You will need to start preparing your resume and looking for opportunities. Are you currently working full time and does your employer use SAP? Possibly you can try to transfer within your company.

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii Mr. Colleen

I am from India,working as HR generalist profile from last 5 yrs, looking after Indian Payroll, induction, recruitment and selection, Compliance, Time office, Leave Management, full and final, settle management,performance management, safety,Liaison with Government Body and other HR generalist day to day work

Current working as Full time in manufacturing  Company,we make auto parts from sheet metals and also do fabrication work..My employer is not Using SAP, so i cnt transfer to some other department with in my company..i want to make my career as Sap Hr consultant ..hope i cleared all ur query..waiting for your reply..

Regards

Shaheen Zafar

0 Kudos

Hi Shaheen

Are you able to investigate the following approach:

1.  Study part time or after work hours to learn SAP HR

2.  Look for a job at a SAP India company that uses SAP and continue to use your skillset

If it is possible to change employers you might be able to transition towards SAP as an end users. Eventually, with the SAP training on the side, you could then attempt to become a Super User and then possibly a consultant

What you will need to consider - if you go straight to training and then look for SAP consultancy job there is a high chance that you will be treated as a fresher. Although you do have 5+ years domain experience in India, you will be considered new to SAP. For that reason, I recommend you to try and leverage your existing experience to transition so you avoid going back to square one (which would also include junior pay packet).

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sir for your valuable advice..But have completed SAP on consultant level..i came to know that there are company who use to take SAP fresher..i am looking forward for that..

With regards

Shaheen Zafar

0 Kudos

Hi Shaheen,

Good to hear that you have very good experience in HR Domain. I beleive that Considering SAP HR as a carrer for you is definitely a good decission for you.

But have to think about getting opportunity ( SAP-HR ConsultanT0 initially, Most of the  organoisations will consider the domain exp. and definitely that priority will be there during selection. Opportunities are good, but need to get strong in module to get it.

Try to refer sap.help.com to know more about SAP-HR & all scenarios  in detail, hand on experience is mandatory to face the furthur steps.Accordingly based on your confidence you can look forward. All the best.

Regards,

Subbarao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sir

for your valuable suggestion,i am trying hard to increase my SAP HR knowledge..

if possible for you can you send me question ask from Fresher at the time of interview.

with regards

Shaheen Zafar