Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Map Iview

bhaskar_india
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the service map iview which is provided as standard by the SAP, the levels that can be shown is only three levels.

I need a urgent requirement to add more than three levels.

FYI : There are many worksets and pages/iviews in the inner levels. SO I DON'T WANT TO USE THE PATH LIST PROPERTY HERE.

Kindly help.

Regards,

Bhaskar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

vijay_kumar49
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
bhaskar_india
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is for Standard Service map iview. I want details for the Custom component.

Regards,

Bhaskar

former_member193577
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

A Service Map iView displays three levels of navigation hierarchy. If you use it this is what you will see.

Using levelsup property you can go up in hierarchy but still 3 levels will be displayed.

Not sure also PathList will assist as you will still see 3 levels.

You can try creating your own custom component that can use the NavigationService to read the child nodes of specific location and display the children text, Or you can also use client side with LSAPI.

However this is still creating your own custom code...

BR,

Tal

bhaskar_india
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please tell me how to use both of the options in elaborate ?

Regards,

Bhaskar

former_member193577
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In java, for getting navigation nodes you can use the NavigationService. see sample post here-

and javadocs for getNode

Once you have the nodes ,you can inspect , get the the titles, etc.

In javascript - use the LSAPI in client side to fetch a desired navigation node and its children.

See here:

AFPModel Object - Portal - SAP Library

In both methods, you will have to create the HTML UI yourself... how the links would appear, where exactly each node, etc..

It's not a 1 hour task.

BR,

Tal

bhaskar_india
Participant
0 Kudos

I am trying to download the standard component of the Service Map iview to customize the existing ones. But I don't know how to download it.

Kindly help at the earliest.

Regards,

Bhaskar

former_member193577
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For viewing the code of existing service map iView, you can decompile the provided classes in your EP.

The servicemap code (and worksetmap) can be be found here in your EP file system:

..j2ee\cluster\apps\sap.com\com.sap.portal.navigation.worksetmap\servlet_jsp\com.sap.portal.navigation.worksetmap

Best Regards,

Tal