Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GI completed indicator for unplanned consumption

former_member184737
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

During process order confirmation, user may add components which are not maintained in BOM as unplanned consumption. We have implemented some implicit enhancement to activate the "GI Completed" indicator for the unplanned component in COR6N. It was activated while saving the confirmation but when we check the confirmation detail screen(CORT) the indicator was again unchecked. As we know that some of the fields like withdrawn qty will updated only for planned consumption but not for unplanned consumption since it don't have reservation no. what about the field 'GI completed' indicator? Why this indicator is not get ticked in CORT even if i have already activated in Confirmation screen (COR6N) through enhancement? Is it standard behavior for  unplanned consumption? Please suggest

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

When you add a component manually during the confirmation, there is no reference to the reservation item. Therefore, system cannot identify on which record of table RESB the goods issue should be set.

Even if you create an enhancement to set the indicator, it will not be set, since there is no reference to the reservation item.

I don't know if it's possible, since I have never tested, but I suggest you to check if you can use your enhancement to fill the reservation item to the manually added component.

BR

Caetano

former_member184737
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Caetano Almeida,

Thanks for your reply. We tried to activate GI completion indicator for unplanned consumption by using enhancement but it was not possible. We know that MCRE will helpful for planned as well unplanned consumption. But, there was some data inconsistencies,I seen many SAP correction note as well for correct the info structure S026. So, we don't want to check with MCRE.

* I seen in some of the thread's reply,  MCRE will fetch the value from info structure S026 and there are possibilities for data inconsistencies in often. Is it true? When ever we find inconsistency in MCRE, we need to update the S026 by copying version as mentioned in SAP notes 64636? Is there any alternative report for MCRE? Please clarify.

We have planned to develop a report for planned & unplanned consumption with values along with header material planned and confirmed qty with values. RESB table contains only reservation item, in our case, user may additionally add/ delete the material which is maintained in Material's BOM. Whether table AUFM will serve the purpose or any other single table to fetch all those information except S026?

Thanks

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Snakar,

As far as I know both MSEG and AUFM tables are updated with Unplanned consumption details. However, reservation number is not updated for unplanned goods issues, but order number is updated.

And also ensure Unplanned Goods Issue is activated under Implementation tab in order type dependent parameters in OPL8.

BR
KK

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184737
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your reply. We have planned to develop a new report by using the table RESB(Planned consumption), and AUFM(Goods movement against order) which is contain GI details against order.

* It will be helpful to others too if anyone suggest alternate to MCRE (Due to inconsistencies in info structure S026)  for planned as well unplanned consumption in a single report.

Thanks