cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding two fields in result list table of Lead and Oppurtunity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a requirement like,to add two fields in the result list table of Lead and opportunity search pages.

is it Possible to add it through AET? If yes, may I know which part of BO object we should take?

can any body explain me,which case we will go for AET and which case we use workbench?

Thanks and Regards,

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

deepika_chandrasekar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

If you dont have the field in Lead or Opportunity and you user needs to maintain those from WEBUI then you can add it in AET and create it with search and result relavent.

If you dont want user to maintain it and in result you have  to add it, then you can go for Workbench.

Regards,

Deepika.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply.

User wants this from Web UI and this two fields are not available in personalaization pop up.Business wants this fields  Only in Result list not search criteria.

If it possible through AET,may I know which BO should i select?

Regards,

Kiran

deepika_chandrasekar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In WEBUI means in Lead and Opportunity screen or only in Search Resul screen?.

You can go for AET and choose BO BTCUSTOMRH.

Regards,

Deepika.

pallavi_an
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

You can create value attributes for this purpose.

Regards,

Pallavi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepika,

Thanks for your reply.

Those two fields should be only in result list table.Not in search criteria of Lead and Opportunity search pages.

Here I have one doubt, if i select BTCUSTOMRH,then how this two fields will available in "Result List" context node to write setter & getter methods ...

This is the reason I would like to know,which case we should use AET and Which case we should use  workbench

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pallavi,

Thanks.may I know which type of data type should I take while creating value node?

Regards,

Kiran

pallavi_an
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

If I understand your question properly, You want 2 fields only in result list just for display purpose.

So this can achieved by using value attributes. Right click on result context node attributes ( For lead BT108S_LEA/Result - RESULT ) and add value attribute.

Data type depends on your requirement. You can create a new data element or you can use existing data element whichever is suitable for your requirement.

To populate values for these attributes, you have to write your logic in getter method of value attribute and assign the value to VALUE ( which is returning parameter of getter method ).

Regards,

Pallavi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pallavi,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes,that is what my requirement.I will do this way.

If you do not mind, can you please explain me .Which scenario we use AET and Which case we use workbench.

Thanks&Regards,

Kiran

pallavi_an
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

We use AET when you want that data to be available in all its related database tables and field will be appended automatically in related structures/BAPI structures etc. In this case user can enter data and save in database. You can do many things with AET.  Adding custom fields using Application Enhancement Tool (AET)

In your case you need two fields only for display purpose so we go for value attributes.

Consider below example :

You have the field in UI called Birth Date ( AET field or standard available field ). Now you want to calculate Age of a person. You don't need to create AET field for Age. Create a Value attribute for Age and write your logic in its getter method to calculate age based on current date and birth date

( Current date - birth date ).

Regards,

Pallavi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pallavi,

Thanks for your explanation.

I have created two model attributes with respective BOL entity and BOL Attribute and It worked as I expected.

Thanks and Regards,

Kiran

Answers (0)