cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is ID creation possible in SAP Portal via GRC ARM component?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We currently have Dealer User creation process for a Customer. The User ID needs to be setup in both SAP backend and Portal. For backend, we have been able to automate the User creation process via customized program used in CUA environment. However, the Customer wants the whole end-to end process to be automated via GRC ARM. As I understand, Portal User change is possible.  Please advise whether via ARM auto-provisioning is possible for Portal User ID Creation.

Thanks

Susmita

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Susmita,

Yes, User provisioning can be done with GRC in portal systems as well.

you can refer: 1607232 - GRC 10.0 Enterprise Portal Configuration

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1607279

Let us know whether or not this helped.

Regards,

Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameet

Thanks for your response. But what I am looking for is that, is is possible to create Users in Portal via GRC 10? I already know that User ID change/modification is possible. Please advise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Susmita,

Yes, it's possible to create users as well with GRC in portals.

The provided links will take you through with all the configurations relevant to your purpose.

Let us know if you get any issue on the way.

Regards,

Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameet

Thanks for the confirmation.

I will try the config adn see how it works for my requirement.

Thanks

Susmita

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Susmita

Ameet has already sent you the link. If all portal users receive SAP ERP accounts you could also consider using the SAP ERP accounts as the portal UME. As part of this set up, SAP PFCG roles appear as Portal Groups. You can then map the Portal roles to them. Users will inherent portal access based on their SAP access. Password would be SAP ERP.

It's an option you could consider if you do not have GRC. Of course, GRC would offer a heap of other functionality if you go down that path.

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen

Thanks for your response. But in the current scenario, the password for ERP is de-activated and Password needs to be active in portal only. As your solution Password will be same as ERP password which will not work in my scenario.

Is it possible to use the Portal password, in your solution? also, is can this solution be applied to only a certain set of users and roles and not be a system wide setting?

Thanks

Susmita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Susmita

Do you have LDAP setup in your company? If so, you can configure LDAP as your UME datasource. Users will login to portal with their LDAP ID and password. You will need to setup LDAP groups to control access to your portal. GRC supports LDAP / AD group provisioning.

Thanks

Anthony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony

We do have LDAP, but for my current requirement, the users are 3rd party dealers hence they are UME users.

Thanks

Susmita