cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase Requisition approval:Making field editable and send data to SAP backend

former_member253524
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Folks,

I am newbie to UI5 and badly stuck at this issue. I have to make custom field ‘Quantity’ editable to change quantity. I have extended S3 view.xml and S3 controller.js with following code snippet

In S3 view.xml(Extended)

In S3Controller.js(extended)

My component.js is as below

I have tried many things but my controller.js is only not triggering. Could anyone please help me out here for correct approach and solution?

Requirement is to change Quantity field before approving Purchase requisition which should change total PR price as well.

My approach:

1. Define Quantity as input field and write logic to send new quantity value from FIORI to extended Odata Service(have extended it for new field)
  2. In BADI implementation write logic to fill standard quantity field with new value so that in workflow it will calculate price by considering new quantity

I am completely stuck at pushing data to Odata service. For which I am writing code in controller with reference to new input field. But unfortunately my controller.js is only not triggering for any statement. Tried writing simple alert statement as well in app possible predefine methods for ex. onInit() but it did not trigger.

Help would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jain,

Could you share the business background?

Why approver is going to change quantity requested from others?

Approver should reject the workitem and the requester should reduce the quantity based on the rejected comments.

Regards, Masa

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

former_member253524
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Masayuki,

Thanks for reply. Its client requirement that they want similar functionality present in M52N to edit quantity.

Regards,

S. Jain

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jain,

If M52N is fine, Screen Persona is also a solution.

Regards, Masa

former_member253524
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Masayuki,

Yes, Personas can be a solution but we have agreed this functionality to business in FIORI. Is there any way to make it in FIORI?

Regards,

S. Jain

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jain,

In that case, you have to develop it.

Please note that when PR is changed, the workflow instance is canceled and new workflow instance is created. Approver is determining again based on the customize rule..

Regards, Masa

former_member253524
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Masayuki,

Any idea why controller is not triggering? is it because of these notes mentioned http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-59012 in this document. I have system with UI5 library version 1.24.2.

Best Regards,

S. Jain

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jain,

Please let us know which note says that.

Regards, Masa

former_member253524
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

I didn't find any note specifying it but i doubt it because we are facing many issues like Company Logo is not changing (In theme designer it shows broken image but on launchpad it points to SAP logo only even after adding parameter). We have separate Gateway and Back end system.

Regards,

S. Jain